Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available For PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #6 Available Now For PlayStation 4, Patch Notes Included

Good. Maybe this will force ball hogs to hit me in the post when I have good position. Probably not though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #186
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Preach man... I've read this whole thread like what the hell is a speed boost? I guess that's the beauty of playing offline.

I have a bad feeling this patch will cause the release of 2K17 to be catered to casuals due to the complaining.

Steph is already gonna be a cheat code, as he should be; imagine if driving is as simple as a "Speed Boost."
Without detailing it to much, there was a way to take certain dribble moves, and cross overs and cancel part of the animation for an unnaturally fast dribble. It's completely different than the launch animations. Essentially because there's no difference between Jog/sprint animations other than sprint being faster. Essentially you could go from standstill to full sprint instantly with no start up other than a brief pause.

A lot if people have mistook this for "Launching out of a dribble" or "First Steps", which it was not. Only certain animations could get it. I've deleted so many guys off the friends list after getting involved in a bunch of group messages about "This game dead, 2k don't know Basketball".

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 05-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #187
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm surprised at how many people in this thread were unaware of speed boosts.

Just shows why the forum can be so disconnected on issues at times .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #188
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
No idea why I watched this but let's sum it up and save others some valuable time

This is a patch 6 rant

He didn't think 2k could do it, but they ruined the game. (He also has a video that says patch 3 ruined the game) that pops up when you watch this one.

He isn't mad about speed boosting, everyone knows he's not a cheeser, you can verify this by watching his old videos.

Follows that up by saying: He didn't start speed boosting until patch 3

'All 2k cares about is getting rid of cheesers', they dont care about My Park, only MYTEAM

Not really he is more so saying he is mad that the only time 2k updates the park is to do stuff Like this but other than that they ignore the mode and it never revives new content or anything special unlike the other modes like my team
Old 05-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #189
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

With 14 teams already qualifying using nothing but break starter? Way to go. I would love to run into a top 10 team and see them sailing passes out of bounds EVERY DEFENSIVE REBOUND
Old 05-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #190
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Without detailing it to much, there was a way to take certain dribble moves, and cross overs and cancel part of the animation for an unnaturally fast dribble. It's completely different than the launch animations. Essentially because there's no difference between Jog/sprint animations other than sprint being faster. Essentially you could go from standstill to full sprint instantly with no start up other than a brief pause.

A lot if people have mistook this for "Launching out of a dribble" or "First Steps", which it was not. Only certain animations could get it. I've deleted so many guys off the friends list after getting involved in a bunch of group messages about "This game dead, 2k don't know Basketball".
The only person in the league that is even close and still needs a jogging start for that type of explosion is Westbrook, smh.

Why can't people learn how to play ball instead of finding certain button combinations to excel... this isn't Mortal Kombat.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #191
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I'm surprised at how many people in this thread were unaware of speed boosts.

Just shows why the forum can be so disconnected on issues at times .
Its not that much of an issue outside 2v2 or 3v3 at park. In 4v4 park already that exploit is greatly diminished by lack of space to spam it. But its a great move by 2k removing it regardless.

Last edited by Vroman; 05-04-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #192
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Good. Maybe this will force ball hogs to hit me in the post when I have good position. Probably not though

Lol no most park scrubs don't know u can post up so I wouldn't get my hopes up they seem to think points can only some from dunks and threes and they won't count of a big does it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »