Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polygon) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyswimmer7
Uh. You can dunk with left or right hand ya know and avoid blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when the score is 52-50 and you're on a break to push the lead, i dont have time to think stick vs button. im moving quick so i can get back on defense.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #98
Pro

Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impressions - Freelance Offenses For Every Team and More (Polyg

^ also alot of people do use the x/square to dunk so the game should accommodate those players too. The left/right dunks aren't always simple dunks either. They got some odd animations that allows easy blocks at times too

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #99
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
when the score is 52-50 and you're on a break to push the lead, i dont have time to think stick vs button. im moving quick so i can get back on defense.
So it's still the game's fault because you can't use the proper input ?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #100
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
^ also alot of people do use the x/square to dunk so the game should accommodate those players too. The left/right dunks aren't always simple dunks either. They got some odd animations that allows easy blocks at times too

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah but stick right/left gives you one handed animations that are miles better than the two handed over head dunks.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:15 PM   #101
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
So there are more steals and deflections, yet no way for us to control it by giving us the choice how we pass? Also, does this mean again that CPU just steals the ball with their back to you, always know where the ball will go and get a hand on impossible passes like before? This has been one of the main frustrations for me year after year. Why it's not addressed, I don't know..give me options to throw a bounce pass, lob pass, straight pass, and at least some kind of ability to throw it fast when opportunity presents itself. Also fast break passes should be fast and not take 2 seconds to throw and to the logical choice, not the guy right in front of you..not looking good for control of passing, especially to counteract the CPU's ability to steal even more.
They have separate buttons for bounce pass, regular pass, overhead pass, icon pass, directional pass, and flashy pass. What more passing control do you want? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 06:17 PM   #102
Rookie

Has the dribbling in 2k not been 1:1 prior to this year?
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #103
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
So it's still the game's fault because you can't use the proper input ?
Changing hands for layups/dunks changes how your player attacks the basket, A LOT.

For some odd reason, pressing the button seems to give you the easiest route for the defense to block your shot when it should be the opposite effect...

I am very exited for the dribbling. Jones eluded to the hesitations and lack of explosion this year and that exploding out of size-ups are much better this year. Good..
Old 08-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #104
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Enforcer
Has the dribbling in 2k not been 1:1 prior to this year?
Yeah it wasn't one to one when they introduced size ups last year. I'm glad theyre going back to their roots instead of trying to copy NBA lives dribbling

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »