Home

NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:30 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just saw the leaked 2k17 control scheme and if what I saw was right it looks as if they are removing signature sizeups from the game... NOOOOOOOOOOO SMH 2K .why would you do this... Size ups are needed... It's what separates the game play of this game from other sport titles. The more signature style and individuality for each NBA superstar and our personal my players is what helps immerse us into the game. Instead of removing sizeups because weaker skilled players exploit certain animations how about penalizing for that or perfecting new branching points so individual skilled players can create greater variation of new dribble moves and different ways to branch out of them.... All I'm saying is removing sizeups will hurt the game more than help.

Can I please get someone to varify if they are removing sizeups

Last edited by ruLEX$$; 08-24-2016 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:55 AM   #74
Banned

Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci)

I'm just waiting on triple threat to make a comeback. It's useless nowadays 2k and a huge part of basketball

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 07:05 AM   #75
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions (PopSci)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
That was not the case at all. It wasn't an explosive first step, it was abusing the animation directly after dribbles to get an unnatural boost. And this is coming from a guy that locked booster scrubs down. There's a complete difference between the launches (Which were the explosive steps) vs. What the speed boosters were doing.

Exactly. It was overpowered, unnatural and there was no reason why only PGs could do it. I was very very glad when they finally nerfed it. More explosion maybe, but why can't a 6'8 SF blow by his defender? They can in real life. It should be more realistic if they add something like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions (PopSci)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman824
Exactly. It was overpowered, unnatural and there was no reason why only PGs could do it. I was very very glad when they finally nerfed it. More explosion maybe, but why can't a 6'8 SF blow by his defender? They can in real life. It should be more realistic if they add something like this.

It wasn't restricted to only PGs, it was tied to a players ball control. If you had 86 and up BC rating you were able to do it. A true 1st need to be in the game tho
Old 08-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
It wasn't restricted to only PGs, it was tied to a players ball control. If you had 86 and up BC rating you were able to do it. A true 1st need to be in the game tho
Only pg and 6'2 or smaller sg that's it... It gave an unfair advantage to players who were not truly skilled. No one should be able to exploit the same dribble move over and over. It's just not realistic.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #78
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K17 Hands-On Impessions - Physics, Aiming with Shot Stick & More (PopSci)

Timing on layups should mean a timing on up&unders.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:03 PM   #79
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

This is some what puzzling to me, so the shot button you dont have to worry, cuz nothing concrete have been changed, but the shot stick meter, which i dont use, on the perimeter, but i use in the paint, now dump downs, or close to the rim, needs to be timed . so what about dunks, do that needs to be timed to ?, we need answers in the BLOGS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »