Home

Many NBA 2K17 Player Ratings & Some Face Scans Revealed

This is a discussion on Many NBA 2K17 Player Ratings & Some Face Scans Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #249
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
Man Damian Lillard was balling on my butt in NBA 2k16. That rating don't mean nothing to me.
Cause sometimes high rated players in NBA 2k sometimes don't even take over the game. at least to me Curry,Lebron, or AD never killed me in 2k. AND I SUCK

OFFLINE THAT IS
Not to mention the role badges play. It's possible for a lower rated player to perform better due to the badges they have.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #250
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Many NBA 2K17 Player Ratings & Some Face Scans Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Yup , I wonder what ratings Klay got boosted that he really shouldn't have . His shooting should be off the charts and defense should be solid but other areas of his game should be ok at best . It just doesn't look 90 worthy to me , he should be around an 88 imo like Jimmy who shown more in his game outside of shooting the 3 bad last year . Jimmy can shoot the 3 better which I think he will next year , 2014 he shot 37% and 2012 it was 38% .
He's a 90 ovr in 2K16 and he's definitely overrated in a lot of areas. Playmaking for one (2.1 AST per game). Rebounding #2 (less than 4 RPG). Defense (as good as he is) #3. He's a solid defender but right now he's rated higher than Paul George and is on par with Jimmy Butler and Avery Bradley.

He ends up at around 88 like you said when these things are scaled down.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #251
Pro

InRodWeTrust's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Yup , I wonder what ratings Klay got boosted that he really shouldn't have . His shooting should be off the charts and defense should be solid but other areas of his game should be ok at best . It just doesn't look 90 worthy to me , he should be around an 88 imo like Jimmy who shown more in his game outside of shooting the 3 bad last year . Jimmy can shoot the 3 better which I think he will next year , 2014 he shot 37% and 2012 it was 38% .
Probably as a SG the formula values 3pt shooting a lot more. Switch them both to SF and watch Jimmy's overall climb while Klay's drops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #252
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya23
Dont know if this has been mentioned or what but...has anyone read the 3pt ratings on some of these rosters? Seriously.... Those can't be right....
It's already been mentioned that these ratings aren't final. Which means all these arguments and debates over player ratings might not even be justified by the time the game actually releases.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandFan
I like Dame and he did a great job leading Portland to the playoffs this year, but it would be tough to give a 90 to a 42% shooter. He just takes a high volume of shots (really he had to this season) and got big PPG numbers due to that.

I look at him and Harden as similar players, Harden is just a little better (more efficient, more assists, more rebounds). Given that I think it makes sense to see Harden as a 90 and Dame as a 89.

Dame also had a bit of a rough go in the playoffs this year (37%, ouch) which probably didn't help his cause.

Like I said though I like Dame's game. He's a baller. I'd love to see what he could do with another all-star or two on his team. It's too bad Aldridge left (and ironic, if he stayed one would think they would have beat a Curry-less Warriors team and gone to the WCF and maybe even The Finals).
He's better than kyriex should be rated higher than him. He should be at least 90 or 91. He took a team who had NOBODY on his team but cj McCollum. His skill level is top tier in this league. His team lost 4 starters and still made the playoffs, not many other players can achieve that feat

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 04:41 PM   #254
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
He's better than kyriex should be rated higher than him. He should be at least 90 or 91. He took a team who had NOBODY on his team but cj McCollum. His skill level is top tier in this league. His team lost 4 starters and still made the playoffs, not many other players can achieve that feat

While I don't think the Blazers are loaded with talent, they still have a top 10 head coach and a ton of really good role players.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:44 PM   #255
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
Man Damian Lillard was balling on my butt in NBA 2k16. That rating don't mean nothing to me.
Cause sometimes high rated players in NBA 2k sometimes don't even take over the game. at least to me Curry,Lebron, or AD never killed me in 2k. AND I SUCK

OFFLINE THAT IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Not to mention the role badges play. It's possible for a lower rated player to perform better due to the badges they have.
I get that the OVR rating # isn't that important, and that Kyrie being a 90 or 89 isn't going to change the way he plays in this game much if at all, as people that hate OVR rating complainers always point out. But, and I'll just speak for myself, but when I'm complaining about OVR rating it is simply as a matter of respect/recognition.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 04:53 PM   #256
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial

OK lol......

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »