Home

NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #217
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K17 The Prelude Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
Thanks. What gave you the boost to Top 3? I averaged good numbers but pretty sure if I made a guard I could've did much better.
I wish I could tell you. According to he MyNba2K17 app I'm only a 55 overall. Teammate grade of A. Avg 17pts. I've had a lot of "Good Defense" and the like.

It also may have been the way I built my guy. I didn't go with a huge wingspan or make him over 200lbs. He's pretty average physically, but that maximized his potential (by not decreasing attribute caps unnecessarily.)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 0

In hindsight it was very dumb to not touch 2KU until before the national championship game. Oh well lol
Old 09-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #219
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

How do I throw an alley oop?

Old 09-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #220
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

How is getting 10 pts, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, and 4 assists playing "like crap", and lowers my draft projection from lottery to mid-1st round?
Old 09-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #221
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Someone please tell me that there are black compression pants because I only saw team colored ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #222
Rookie

Here's something I really don't like. So we're the number one high schooler in the nation yet we start the season projected as a mid 1st rounder? And are a 55 to begin with? Makes no sense. Can't make us hyped AND crappy to begin with, choose one 2K.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #223
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

Random thoughts after playing probably 2 hours worth of 2kU:
  • Overall, the gameplay feels like a more dynamic, free flowing 2k11 to me. Not as much weird stuff going on, much less spastic movement-wise.
  • Once I got the freelance offense down for 2ku white, I was able to generate solid looks on most possessions.
  • The defense seems to guard the pnr better this year, even on this lower difficulty. The pick and pop is noticeably less effective from what I've experienced.
  • I like that your able to execute DHO's more consistently this year.
  • Starting to get the feel of dribbling. SF #3 is my favorite guy to iso with. There's a nice rhythm to his dribble move package.
  • Standing side step / stepback / crossover jumpers using square are still not very effective. Too many slow packages, and since they are tied to a players stepback package, it's a hard issue to get around. Hopefully this is a stand alone editable set of moves for 2k18. (SF #3 side step J w/ the ball in his left hand is in example of a good one though)
  • Currently working on creep dribbles while branching into stepbacks. Key is to center the left stick before holding R2 and flicking back. Really like this new mechanic...much easier to trigger standstill stepbacks.
  • Still seeing floaty passes from time to time, especially on passes made inside and skip passes using x.
  • Using triangle for outlet passes felt great. X led to some awkward bounce passes at times, so I'll definitely be favoring triangle in these situations.
  • Fouls are called more appropriately.
  • Really like the new hop animation that players get into when catching passes off of pin downs / on the move. Nice touch.
  • Layups are improved. New contact layups are smooth and are triggering mostly in appropriate situations.
  • I've already mentioned this, but really glad they improved the transition D. AI teammates are much better at matching up. Now I can control the PG without worrying about one of them also trying to pick up the ballhandler, forcing a switch.
  • On the offensive side, bigs run the floor in transition, often establishing deep position inside. The way wings run the floor could still be improved though. Seems like AI struggles to decide whether to spot up or not, leaving them in no man's land.
  • My 2k17 stick skills are still a work in progress, but I appreciate the skill that's needed to execute dribble moves this year. We're losing a bit on the signature side, but I think this is a better system especially once they add more sig size-up combos in the future.
  • Nice work by the guys on the new physicality animations inside. Brings that part of the game some needed life.
  • Need to dig into the post game more, but it was nice to see that I was able to pull off a drop step to the baseline and finish it off with a dunk. It looks like we might finally be able to punish size mismatches inside with more force.

Ready for Friday.

Last edited by RipCity71252; 09-11-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #224
Rookie

Mister ATM's Arena

OVR: 3

When I heard the homie say "I'm Kerr and you're 96' Jordan" I was like SAY NO MORE!! Stayed top 3 in the draft the entire prelude but I really want to go to the T-Wolves at #5. Wouldn't be mad at Philly or LA tho, both super young.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »