Home

NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Why is people intentionally fouling online to where it offers you to quit out it must be a glitch because to many people doing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'd give it an 8.5. The gameplay is phenomenal but the clipping is a real eyesore and issue for me. I've mentioned in other forums and in a video that clipping is in all games. But when it "should" and "can" affect the gameplay i.e. swiping at the ball only to see your hand/arm not just go through the ball but also the ballhandlers entire waist, then it's an issue. That's why to me it doesn't deserve a 9 especially when the devs apparently noted during the dev cycle that they've addressed the clipping issue but IMO it's the worse in the series.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K17 Review (PS4/XB1)

Good review. I totally agree. I would love the ability to start MyGM mode with a fantasy draft and the ability to set the number of games per season. Do t k ow why that was overlooked or maybe I just missed that somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #44
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I disagree on your take about MyCareer, I think it's a pretty fun mode but I will concede that it has it's issues like the texting.

Overall the game is superb and so is this review. Thumbs up.
I myself am a My Career player - you are not really forced to go to the (optional) practices as stated there - you just wont earn your skills upgrades for your player - so its a good thing - you practice to be better - you are ony forced to go to the team practices which are much better than last year - the game play is what it is - AI will drive you nuts in every video game so its all good - man the review killed my career lol!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:40 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with some points within this review. MyCareer is a nuisance seeing I have to play it in order to get badges and upgrade my attributes to play on MyPark. I'm not really a fan of the mode and its annoying that I'm forced to play it to level up. This year 2k seems to have brought more two player animations that you get stuck in far too often. It seemed like NBA 2k was getting away from the sucking and pulling feeling, but its back with a vengeance.. I can't give countless examples of times that I was sucked into another player and was unable to get off the player while my man just goes in for an open dunk. Don't get me wrong I do like the new dribble mechanics and the game can build off of this to improve in the future, but bringing back that sucking and pulling feelings is a regression opposed to a progression. I don't really play MyGM or MyLeague so I can't speak to those.. However just based on gameplay and the modes I have played this game to me is a 7.5 or 8 at the best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #46
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidzer0918
Good review. I totally agree. I would love the ability to start MyGM mode with a fantasy draft and the ability to set the number of games per season. Do t k ow why that was overlooked or maybe I just missed that somewhere.

Wait you can't do a fantasy draft ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 11:41 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Another review I can't take seriously because it gives a game with fundamentally broken defense way too high of a score...
Old 09-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Wait you can't do a fantasy draft ?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You can do a fantasy draft in "MyLeague" but can not in "MyGM"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »