Home

**Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Wish List

My Career
- Colleges
More Colleges

-Draft Combine
(Spot-Up Shooting, On The Move Shooting, Off The Dribble Shooting, Lane Agility Drill, Shuttle Run)

-Summer League
(Orlando, Utah, Las Vegas)

-Training Camp

- D-League
All 22 Teams

- All-Star weekend
( Rising Stars Challenge, Skills Challenge, Three-Point Contest, Slam Dunk,NBA All-Star Game)

-Normal NBA Draft
Old 09-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #50
Just started!

player body language, for walking around, running, minor nuances in body movement, posture; just the way players carry themselves on the court

Its the next step for really individualizing the players beyond model build, executable animations and tenancies, cause right now all the players move the same with varying levels of emotion, and you get a lot of movements and animations from players that you would never see do those things.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #51
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Please add this...

Multiple Layup Packages

Too many times my cutter or the person driving will use a layup animation that either looks terrible or shouldn't be used. For example i have a big rolling after a screen and he catches and does a finger roll where his hands are literally touching the top of the backboard. I would have preferred a quick drop type of layup where he catches and drops it in. Just like dunk packages where you can choose simple "one handed of two feet" type of dunks, id like that to be applied to layups as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

Same wish list as years past: Tons of improvements to rosters, myleague, and defense.

The presentation is amazing this year. The game looks great.

But year after year nothing changes in myleague on core issues. We get expansion modes but they still haven't fixed issues with rotations, trade logic, free agent signing logic, poor generated draft classes, terrible contract numbers, and teams stockpiling talent at the same position.

So my top desires for next year

1. improved defense by my teammates. Make them smarter, make them stop picking up guys they shouldn't, leaving the paint exposeed. Make them smarter in transition.

2. Slow down the closeout speed for defenders on open shooters

3. Offer more options for users to set rotations (e.g. different lineups such as small ball, big, end of game, blowout, etc.). Work on the AI to understand how to implement proper rotations with guys who play multiple positions. That seems to be the biggest issue. The AI struggles to figure out how to play a Tobias Harris type the correct numbr of minutes by alternating at the 3 and 4 in different lineups.

4. Improved rosters. Focus on tendencies.

5. Improved generated draft classes. Again, focus on tendencies. Only PGs seem to have open man tendencies above 20. It results in a league with everyone but PGs with sub 1.0 assist averages. Focus on shot tendency. Too many talented guys with a ridiculously low shot tendency. Yes, I can edit this, but I shouldn't have to. Focus on creating draft classes with different types of players that fit today's game. Right now we get too many plodding giants, not enough stretch 4s, too many PGs that can't shoot the 3, not enough superstars, and WAAAAAY too many top talents over the age of 20. Reality in today's basketbal world is the lottery is full of 19 and 20 year olds now, and not 22 year olds.

6. Continue to try and figure out how to get a larger spread in records for myleague teams. Not enough teams winning 15-25 games, not enough winning over 55. Everyone bunches in the middle.

7. Put some work in on contracts. Make them realistic. Too many guys signing for too little, and yet we have free agents who hold out for giant contracts when they don't have a job mid year.

8. Have each team set to different stages of team building. Teams could have labels such as "rebuilding" or "title contender." Trades should reflect this. Teams that are rebuilding and stuck with large salaries should move those salaries and trade for picks. Right now we see way too many one for one swaps of guys with similar overall ratings, with little regard to fit for a team, and often the trades are position for same position. Most NBA trades aren't like that.

9. offer the D league. Provide a place to stash 2nd rounders or get guys playing time. Even if it's "text based" and not playable, it would add realism to the game and offer a chance for young players to progress

10. Work on progression/regression. Right now it's too uniform. Hit a certain age, you start losing points in all your attributes. Not realistic. In fact most players gain in IQ areas as they lose physical skills. They learn to play smarter to compensate for losses in physical areas. At the same time I'd prefer to see some guys stay at a high level until they are 36 or so and others fall apart at 30. It's how it works IRL. A player should NEVER lose IQ area points as they age.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #53
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

I wish 2K would pay attention to the gripes of MyGM and MyLeague players.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:54 AM   #54
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Here are some random thoughts I've had while playing 2K17 or while playing. Things like more fluidity, ball detection, spacing and things of that sort are a given, so they won't be on this list.

Assistant coach cut scene being limited to mycareer or during a break in action, kind of like those inside the mic sessions. Hearing the commentary cut off to listen to an assistant coach give generic tips is an immersion killer for me. There's no need to hear the coach talk several times a game. I have a feeling people can live without the same tips over and over.

Sometimes while playing with autosubs on, the player that was supposed to check in the game can't come in because the person they're coming in for is at the line. In real life, the player will wait at the scorers table. In 2k, the player goes back to the bench and that substitution is canceled. I would like to see the player stay at the scorers table and wait to check-in.

I would like to replays during timeouts or in deadball situations, instead of them happening right after the play.

It'd be cool to see players wearing different styles of warmups if they've already seen action in the game. Live did a great job with the player towels, team shooting shirts, etc. as opposed to having players just sitting on the bench with their jerseys.

Another thing that would be cool is if when a player has a slight injury, we can see them icing down the spot or see them getting worked on while on the bench. Or if when they go to the bench due to injury but it's unknown how severe it is, we can catch a glimpse of them walking back to the locker room right before it's announced that they're out for the game. I don't mean a cut scene, just them leaving in the background while the game is being played.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 11-17-2016, 09:30 AM   #55
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I was hoping for Davez to do another MyLeague/MyGM wishlist thread again this year as my "wishlist" is focused there as its all I really play. Anyway...

Halftime: Add more content to the halftime show. Whatever happened to Sekou Smith, Rick Fox and Lang Whitaker? Do they appear anywhere in the game outside of twitter feed? Just make it like it was with Damon Bruce and call it a day. Actually, just bring back Damon Bruce. Save Shaq and the crew for big rivalry games and playoffs and stuff. They still need to be improved, however.

CAP: Please, please add tats for caps. Give us everything available to our MyCareer player to use in CAP. Improve the CAP faces. The CAPs still look off when next to a real 2K made player. So, just add thousands of generic though real looking faces like you encounter in MyCareer in college. Mash players faces and head models together, I don't care. We just need better faces.

Presentation: I dont know what happened but there are hardly any stat banners. I saw one pregame one time since I had the game where it showed Brook Lopez's stats. I want to see more of that. There's nothing when player is at the free throw line. That is useful in the closing minutes of a close game where I want to know the likelihood a player X missing one or both these free throws. Advertise upcoming games and matchups. I've seen commercials for MyTeam or whatever give me one for my MyLeague games or even just the MyCareer commercials featuring star players in MyLeague.

I really like 2K17 but I'm starting to subscribe to the theory of less is more. Master what we have. Iron out the bugs with and explain ACE better; make it more user friendly. I want to dive more into it and have that chess match but It's hard to understand and even harder to navigate. Simplify things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #56
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis

2. Slow down the closeout speed for defenders on open shooters
you didn't understand, the court is too small
Watch those 2 pictures the difference is finally huge!!!

The width of the paint is impacted too; watch on the real picture, between the chin of the Bulls and the paint there is the space for a long shoes, but not on the 2k photo!
this is not a legend, this is the truth!

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 11-17-2016 at 11:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »