Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #89
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No no no I don't play that game. "He was hurt." Came back dropped 40 and scored all 17 points in Overtime. Went off after they took him off Russell Westbrook down 3-1. Dropped another 38 to put the Cavs in a 3-1 hole.

If your on the floor. Your not hurt. So let's not play the if game.

And like I've said repeatedly Curry didn't take those 35 foot in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Man scram if you saw my post earlier I said curry was most def playing hurt the playoffs but the Cavs did their part and got the job done . I didn't discredit them but curry wasn't the same guy he showed in the regular season after that knee injury .

you can play the game if you're hurt if you're tough , Kobe done it and countless others .

Curry was still very good even though he wasn't all the way him . Why do you think he opted not to play in team USA ? Because he was trying to heal up

Curry was playing with a knee sprain in the playoffs and even reported as of early sept he's still not 100% yet but close

#ICYMI Video: Stephen Curry Says Knee Wasn't 100% During Playoffs, Focused on Maintaining Health This Season -

https://twitter.com/defpenhoops/stat...71889248358400

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry recently sat down with ESPN to briefly discuss the Playoffs, his summer, and next season. The discussion mainly circulated around health, with Curry being injured a number of times in 2016.

“I wasn’t 100%, but who cares”, Curry said in the video when asked about his health during the Playoffs.

Curry suffered injuries to his shoulders and knees, causing him to miss six games during the postseason.

“I’ve taken advantage of the summer to get right, and I still have a little bit of work to do going into training camp”, said Curry.

The theory that Stephen Curry wasn’t 100% was debated for weeks, with some adamant that the 2015-’16 Most Valuable Player wasn’t as injured it seemed. For Curry, he wasn’t using the injury excuse towards losing to the Cavaliers in the Finals.

“If you’re out there playing and you’re not 100%, nobody’s going to listen to that”, Curry concluded.

Curry might have not took as many long bombs as he usually does but I bet you he will keep taking them next year because guess what not every team is a very good team defensively and even more so now they have Kevin Durant . So if you think he's going to chill on the long threes keep wishing bro.

So yes my sike response to you think he will stop being him because he was banged up and that you think every team in the NBA can guard them as good as the Cavs did especially with Durant now

Last edited by MoneyOvaHuds; 09-25-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:58 PM   #90
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
No no no I don't play that game. "He was hurt." Came back dropped 40 and scored all 17 points in Overtime. Went off after they took him off Russell Westbrook down 3-1. Dropped another 38 to put the Cavs in a 3-1 hole.

If your on the floor. Your not hurt. So let's not play the if game.

And like I've said repeatedly Curry didn't take those 35 foot in the playoffs.

Well Jeebs, To support your quote, Curry recently said in an interview that hew WAS hurt, but he also CHOSE to play. Paraphrasing a bit more but the general context was "I was injured. I played anyway. I can't use that excuse if I chose to go on the floor". I know your best player Played on the biggest stage eith an injury. That's what makes them great. That's why the Legendary flu game exists. That's why Isiah torching the Lakers with one leg is a legend. They all go into those situations knowing that they cannot complain about the outcome.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 09-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #91
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Man scram if you saw my post earlier I said curry was most def playing hurt the playoffs but the Cavs did their part and got the job done . I didn't discredit them but curry wasn't the same guy he showed in the regular season after that knee injury .

you can play the game if you're hurt if you're tough , Kobe done it and countless others .

Curry was still very good even though he wasn't all the way him . Why do you think he opted not to play in team USA ? Because he was trying to heal up

Curry was playing with a knee sprain in the playoffs and even reported as of early sept he's still not 100% yet but close

#ICYMI Video: Stephen Curry Says Knee Wasn't 100% During Playoffs, Focused on Maintaining Health This Season -

https://twitter.com/defpenhoops/stat...71889248358400

Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry recently sat down with ESPN to briefly discuss the Playoffs, his summer, and next season. The discussion mainly circulated around health, with Curry being injured a number of times in 2016.

“I wasn’t 100%, but who cares”, Curry said in the video when asked about his health during the Playoffs.

Curry suffered injuries to his shoulders and knees, causing him to miss six games during the postseason.

“I’ve taken advantage of the summer to get right, and I still have a little bit of work to do going into training camp”, said Curry.

The theory that Stephen Curry wasn’t 100% was debated for weeks, with some adamant that the 2015-’16 Most Valuable Player wasn’t as injured it seemed. For Curry, he wasn’t using the injury excuse towards losing to the Cavaliers in the Finals.

“If you’re out there playing and you’re not 100%, nobody’s going to listen to that”, Curry concluded.

Curry might have not took as many long bombs as he usually does but I bet you he will keep taking them next year because guess what not every team is a very good team defensively and even more so now they have Kevin Durant . So if you think he's going to chill on the long threes keep wishing bro
I saw your post before. But read what that guy said below.

What I was trying to say about the long 3's. Was I think after game 7 of trying to get 3's to be cold blooded. You might see Curry (most likely Thompson) take a back seat to KD. And this is what I think might happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Well Jeebs, To support your quote, Curry recently said in an interview that hew WAS hurt, but he also CHOSE to play. Paraphrasing a bit more but the general context was "I was injured. I played anyway. I can't use that excuse if I chose to go on the floor". I know your best player Played on the biggest stage eith an injury. That's what makes them great. That's why the Legendary flu game exists. That's why Isiah torching the Lakers with one leg is a legend. They all go into those situations knowing that they cannot complain about the outcome.
Thank you!

I would of been on the other side of this if Curry had average 11 points a game. Was struggling badly. But that wasn't the case. You can't leave that man open lol. And it's the playoffs baby! Everyone is kind of hurt.

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-25-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #92
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

That's the thing tho Curry was still very good and he was actually hurt that's why he's so great . But you're dead wrong saying he will change his playing style because of one finals serious where it's a fact that he wasn't himself and that every team in the NBA CANT guard them like the Cavs did even more now with Durant . That was the point of my post , I'm not a warriors fan . Curry knows he's hurt but he didn't care but you do have to factor it in when you're talking about performances rather you like it or not
Old 09-25-2016, 03:45 PM   #93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Reminds me of Michael Jordan. For years in the 90s people believed he never missed because they
A. Didn't watch his games and
B. Only watched Sportscenter highlights and read articles from journalists.

Curry in the post season average was hitting 4.4/11 three-pointers per game. That's 40% from 3 against the best teams in the league. That's his average without the many terrible NBA defenses to help raise him up.

For those who can't do math that means on average he misses 3 out of every 5 three-pointers he takes against playoff teams.

In the regular season he shot 45% from three. So if you're bombing 10 threes with Curry you should expect to hit around 4 or 5 of them.

If you're bombing 10 half court threes with Curry you should expect to hit even less (2 or 3).
Doesn't work like that. I just played a guy online with terrible defense. Curry had 32. Then another game I played and he missed some open 3s. The way Curry is right now, it feels like I'm playing with CURRY. Last year he felt like the weakest superstar in the game. IMO most of you still don't get how good he is, most of you still on the Lebron/Kobe wagon.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
Doesn't work like that. I just played a guy online with terrible defense. Curry had 32. Then another game I played and he missed some open 3s. The way Curry is right now, it feels like I'm playing with CURRY. Last year he felt like the weakest superstar in the game. IMO most of you still don't get how good he is, most of you still on the Lebron/Kobe wagon.
100% this. Annoys me to no end that every other superstar is represented good, but when it's Curry everyone is screaming for a nerf. Just typical BS.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #95
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

If you're cool with Curry running side to side and dropping shots near half court thats fine. Going to be hard to take any preaching about realism serious in other aspects of the game though. Cant pick and choose. I'd be saying the same if it was a Spur.

We can keep saying nerf, but thats not anywhere close to what the threads about....at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #96
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
100% this. Annoys me to no end that every other superstar is represented good, but when it's Curry everyone is screaming for a nerf. Just typical BS.
Except that it isn't and curry isn't nearly as good as he's being represented. This is just Warriors fanboying gone out of control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »