Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Okay, so this is coming from a mostly offline user who hasn't played vs the Warriors yet, but isn't this what we wanted last year? We saw Curry do ridiculous sh*t every game and we realized that he can't do it in 2K. So 2K has made an effort to make him special like he is in real life.

I know online people will cheese and abuse any little advantage they get, but I like that Curry is essentially unstoppable unless you hound him full court, as this is how you must play him in real life to stop him.

Again, just my opinion. He may be entirely too strong online but I don't mind Curry being insane.

Me neither I mean he did shoot like 60% from 28+ feet so it is pretty accurate. But it shouldn't go in as much when you contest the shot at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 05:06 PM   #10
Pro

My problem isn't with the insane range. It's his unguardable running fadeaways from 30 feet that go in %60 of the time.

I played a guy that didn't sub any of his starters the entire game. Didn't matter. 20 seconds every time down of curry zig-zagging and launching running off balance threes. Curry was sucking Gatorade in the 2nd quarter and he still kept making them.

I get that curry needs to be an OP shooter but in real life he doesn't do that. Quite frankly what's the point of having the Warriors in the game? If someone knows Curry's release timing you can't stop him because he never has to be square to shoot and apparently never has to come out of any game. It's no fun playing against something you have no control over.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'd rather him be overpowered than be the pathetic excuse of himself e was in 2k16. About time they made Curry scary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 05:36 PM   #12
Pro

Scary is good. Unstoppable by any means in the game is another.

Make him square up to hit those 30+ footers at a decent clip. The sideways running threes are a joke and it's embarrassing.

Last edited by Kstat; 09-24-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #13
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I'd rather him be overpowered than be the pathetic excuse of himself e was in 2k16. About time they made Curry scary.
True but in that process they made all gaurds play like Curry. Everyone is pulling up from 3 in the game with a lot of time on the clock and make them at a high rate...at least the CPU does because when the player does it it's a brick. Also pisses me off that when you contest the CPU it means nothing and they don't even do the contested shot animation like the user does. So every contest shot for the CPU is an open shot.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

His contested 3 percentages aren't even good in real life. Give him the range sure, but tone down the contested 3 rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Like I said, I love what they did with Curry. Dude should be one of the scariest guys in the game and thats exactly what he is. Just make him scary for the right reasons.

He wasnt just squaring up and hitting those OKC game winner distance shots on a nightly basis....

I wouldnt want Bron jumping from near the free throw line swatting every layup attempt because he did it in Game 7 either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 06:02 PM   #16
Rookie

tony9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I only played him online in all star team up, and he dropped 50+. I just think the efficiency from 27+ feet off the dribble needs to be toned down. But maybe he was just hot that game...
I've played a bunch of team up games and whoever uses Curry or Durant regardless if there are defenders around or it gets contested their shots still go in the majority of the time if someone gets the release down.

People taking shots were defenders are right in front of them or contesting need to be toned down by a lot online period, its border line arcade basketball the way 2k's sliders are setup right now for online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »