Home

Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More

This is a discussion on Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #97
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Xbox guys are getting prompts for the last patch now so hopefully sometime today or tomorrow i'd hope. Depending on if all this stuff needs patch or tuning update. From the way Beluba talks it sounds like a tune update.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Agreed 24, but do you see some of the comments directed toward the devs on twitter from these park guys?

If not, I'd suggest taking a look, it's pretty alarming. Nothing but complaint after complaint about missing shots, about not being able to cross over 5 dudes at once and dunk over the entire population.

The majority really don't know basketball and it's painful to read. Now, OS is a different animal, the majority of guys here do watch basketball, and they do know what screams realism and what doesn't.

You and I both know that OS is an extreme minority, though. You're right about the shooting thing, too, but, why do guys who just want realistic NBA stats being punished?

This goes back to us wanting them to make 2 separate games, hell, they could even make park/pro am/career a download digital exclusive and it would sell like CRAZY.

Something has to be done. They're completely alienating a section of there audience, an audience that has been around awhile. Some of us have been loyal to these guys since 1999. I guess money talks, and we're getting the short end of the stick.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
both of you guys are right imo..

for the most part the park community are younger (5-21yrs old) and i dont mean this in a derogatory way. that age group is used to social media, and saying whatever you want whenever you want, to whomever you want.

i dont know how old you both are, but i feel like 2k and i grew up together (mid 30s, been playing since dreamcast) where now there is an entire generation of gamers that feel the game should play to their liking rather than learning the nuance to the game and mastering the game.

just my opinion...

by the way - i loved nba jam (tournament edition lmao)
Old 10-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #99
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
A lot of people think all park players want is NBA Jam. No. I personally want flashy basketball that is still grounded in reality. They can do crazy roll on the ground dribbles, or 360 double windmill dunks. I don't care as long as 1. A human can do it, and 2. The game is still grounded as "Good basketball wins".
Hey now, nailed it.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcolbert
both of you guys are right imo..

for the most part the park community are younger (5-21yrs old) and i dont mean this in a derogatory way. that age group is used to social media, and saying whatever you want whenever you want, to whomever you want.

i dont know how old you both are, but i feel like 2k and i grew up together (mid 30s, been playing since dreamcast) where now there is an entire generation of gamers that feel the game should play to their liking rather than learning the nuance to the game and mastering the game.

just my opinion...

by the way - i loved nba jam (tournament edition lmao)
5 years old? Lol... Damn lol... I agree with ya man. I haven't even played mypark or mycareer ever... But my nephew who is 11 play that mess all day. When I asked him about myleague...he looked at me like I was crazy as hell
Old 10-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #101
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
5 years old? Lol... Damn lol... I agree with ya man. I haven't even played mypark or mycareer ever... But my nephew who is 11 play that mess all day. When I asked him about myleague...he looked at me like I was crazy as hell
It's crazy, out of all my friends who have this game, I'm literally the only one who even knows what my league is. I'm also the only one that ever plays with real NBA teams.

I get text after text from them asking if I play park, and if I could join their squad. I'm just like... no. I want to play NBA basketball lol. Let's go ball at some real courts if you wanna play in a park!

I guess that really does show where we are with this series now. I really really want them to at least discuss two separate games. They'd still make the same profit(presumably) and their entire fan base can still be happy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 PM   #102
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Can't knock your personal view. You did use the word "personally". But the day NBA2K abandons it's sim roots is the day it will end up like NBA Live. A shell of a game it once was, not because of lack of content but because it changed course. This shouldn't even be a discussion though because it's very unlikely to happen. The reason NBA2K gets the accolades it gets is not because of arcade elements and MyPark. It's because it's arguably the most accurately representative of the actual sport on its box cover. A thread about a developer's efforts to tune a game to be as realistic as possible, should not have even been taken there, but alas

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/zHuNh9dlzIY

My apologies. I didn't mean for 2K Sports developer to completely abandon their desire to be a simulation. As someone stated, I see the direction that the game is going overall, and I recognize that the "sim" player is a dying animal. For me, I don't expect them to remain loyal to the OGs of the community, but I do expect them to follow the money. Following the money means VC and making the game approachable.

However, I do agree they still have to fix the bugs and glitches that "dumbs down" the game too much. That's a given. On the same token, I don't expect them to knuckle down and force everyone to be "sim" players.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:59 PM   #103
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Like I said in another thread and also like how others have stated.

Now that the XB1 patch is out.....this shooting update should be released very very soon.

I'm eagerly waiting for the "update required box" on the lower left corner of my screen.

Apply these changes and LEAVE IT ALONE. I want consistency at this point, not tweaks every few days. Going into a PNO game, I need to know what I can do and want I cant do.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:01 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Like I said in another thread and also like how others have stated.

Now that the XB1 patch is out.....this shooting update should be released very very soon.

I'm eagerly waiting for the "update required box" on the lower left corner of my screen.

Apply these changes and LEAVE IT ALONE. I want consistency at this point, not tweaks every few days. Going into a PNO game, I need to know what I can do and want I cant do.

Let's get this now! I feel like the game is going to be released now..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »