Home

Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More

This is a discussion on Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
I didn't say anything about scoring 'bucket after bucket.' I said shooting percentages should be tuned to match the fact that games are significantly shorter than its real life counterpart. Barring all the stoppages, quarters add up to 20 minutes in-game vs 48 minutes IRL. That's less than half.
Percentages should match real life percentages regardless of length played. I don't see any real benefit to gameplay and simulation by having scores artificially boosted, and increased scores and efficiencies are enough to drastically upset real NBA strategies where a 5% difference could be the difference between the best and worst team in the league.

The basic engine should simply play simulation basketball at all times. Tuning for unrealistic scores to compensate for shorter lengths upsets the core gameplay and makes things difficult to balance in real full length games and the thing 2K is supposed to be simulating.

If one wants unrealisticly augmented gameplay pace, 2K should add that only to MyPark and a Casual slider set.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #170
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Re: Fixes Coming For NBA 2K17 Shot Timing, Pass Speeds, Moving Screens, Defense and M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Percentages should match real life percentages regardless of length played. I don't see any real benefit to gameplay and simulation by having scores artificially boosted, and increased scores and efficiencies are enough to drastically upset real NBA strategies where a 5% difference could be the difference between the best and worst team in the league.

The basic engine should simply play simulation basketball at all times. Tuning for unrealistic scores to compensate for shorter lengths upsets the core gameplay and makes things difficult to balance in real full length games and the thing 2K is supposed to be simulating.

If one wants unrealisticly augmented gameplay pace, 2K should add that only to MyPark and a Casual slider set.
Real Talk, Sundown, honestly I'd prefer it realistic on the park, but I'd even be OK upping it from 40ish percent to 50, since there's obviously less pressure in that situation.

I mean, in perspective, KD, Kobe, Crawford all those guys played crazy in the Drew League games because the defensive pressure and the game pressure wasn't there. That in mind, Park would be fine reflecting that since it adds to flashiness.

Pro Am needs to be realistic results. It should be based on teams playing ball and utilizing mismatches. Not hero ball. Hero ball should get beat in any mode unless the defense is garbage.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #171
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't forget that the pace in 2K games in much faster than in real life. I can go on Play Now Online with the Warriors and end a game with about 70-80 points. And this is with 5 minute quarters, less than half the length of a real NBA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Don't forget that the pace in 2K games in much faster than in real life. I can go on Play Now Online with the Warriors and end a game with about 70-80 points. And this is with 5 minute quarters, less than half the length of a real NBA game.
Exactly. The percentage drop people are asking for would mean these games would end in the 40s, MAYBE low 50s at the very best. I'm sure a lot of people would be bored to death if that's all we could score per game because of a system that relegates how many shots you're allowed to make.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #173
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Exactly. The percentage drop people are asking for would mean these games would end in the 40s, MAYBE low 50s at the very best. I'm sure a lot of people would be bored to death if that's all we could score per game because of a system that relegates how many shots you're allowed to make.
I'm bored to death by the constant up-and-down run-and-gun tempo of every single team.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
I hope one of the fixes is making it so the CPU drives to the basket more. Right now they shoot jumpers 99% of the time.

I can't remember the last time I saw the CPU try to break me down and take it to the hole.
The cavs shot 15 3's in the 1st quarter against me earlier. Glad to see the increased emphasis on 3's compared to last year when there weren't enough, but ya 15 in one quarter is overboard. Kyrie was launching a 3 literally as soon as he touched the ball. Going to turn down CPU threes attempted, hopefully that'll help

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #175
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
I'm bored to death by the constant up-and-down run-and-gun tempo of every single team.
You don't enjoy playing as the Philadelphia Warriors?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #176
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Wait, no lol, I want the percentage drop.

I don't want to score 80 points on 5 minute quarters. I'd rather my games in the 40s and 50s lol.

Right now the game is way too chaotic online imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »