Home

2 More NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Announced - '11-'12 Knicks & '10-'11 Bulls

This is a discussion on 2 More NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Announced - '11-'12 Knicks & '10-'11 Bulls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #201
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2 More NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Announced - '11-'12 Knicks & '10-'11 Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
2k asked everyone what teams they wanted - people responded.

Of course folk are gonna be upset their own personal choices weren't featured, it's a natural response.

Your wife asks you 'What do you want for dinner?'

'I'll have some chilli, thanks'

She responds - 'You're having pizza instead'

Cue disappointment.
Ehh not quite. I'm pretty sure these 16 teams were already determined before 2k asked what teams we wanted. It was more of us guessing what the 16 teams could be rather than us giving them suggestions. I don't see how 2k could have possibly added these teams based on our input in less than 2 weeks.

And as to your analogy. It is more like if your wife already cooked dinner and asked "guess what I made for dinner tonight?" Your input isn't going to change what your wife made you are just hoping it's something that you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 08:53 AM   #202
Rookie

lsalas76's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I can say with supreme confidence the 07 warriors make the cut
Yeah they most likely will be in but I really hope they are not. Serious question for those of you who want this team, what is the appeal of wanting this team? Looking at the roster, other than Baron Davis nobody else sticks out for me.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #203
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Ya'll honestly couldnt have believed 2k was polling who people wanted added so they could try and run out and try to secure rights 3-4 weeks before release...right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #204
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Ya'll honestly couldnt have believed 2k was polling who people wanted added so they could try and run out and try to secure rights 3-4 weeks before release...right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
No but I think there's a chance that they're doing that for potential additions to All time teams in updates after release, and for possible more squads in 2k19.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:11 AM   #205
Rookie

bhilogy's Arena

Would be cool if 2k adds some old hyperdunks and d rose pes

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #206
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Whew, there is much angst in this thread.

The 11-12 Bulls? Solid pick.

Linsanity Knicks? Eh ... someone is definitely playing favorites at 2K. It was an absolute blast to watch (the Linsanity YouTube videos still give me chills to this day), but I don't how different the team will feel/play than current Knicks.

I'm hoping part of the reason that 2K is choosing these teams are related to playstyle and how they play ... but that's all dependent on the AI and Gameplay stuff, which we're still waiting for blogs on for an in-depth dive.

Still, happy to see them adding teams. Even if they're lackluster, it gives roster makers and editors (and the user) more options to do more things.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #207
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Whew, there is much angst in this thread.

The 11-12 Bulls? Solid pick.

Linsanity Knicks? Eh ... someone is definitely playing favorites at 2K. It was an absolute blast to watch (the Linsanity YouTube videos still give me chills to this day), but I don't how different the team will feel/play than current Knicks.

I'm hoping part of the reason that 2K is choosing these teams are related to playstyle and how they play ... but that's all dependent on the AI and Gameplay stuff, which we're still waiting for blogs on for an in-depth dive.

Still, happy to see them adding teams. Even if they're lackluster, it gives roster makers and editors (and the user) more options to do more things.
I wonder if some of the choices came down to staff requests or suggestions. I can imagine there being a big Lin fan(s) in the office or a big Grizzlies that pushed for certain teams.

Honestly I'll take whatever teams we can get and I'm happy that at least half of these teams are teams I would enjoy using. Right now my biggest concern is that we aren't missing any major players, like Sheed missing from the 04 Pistons, and that 2k did a good job with player likeness (looks and playstyle). That goes for returning teams too. I'd love for Sheed to be added. I'd love for all classic teams to be touched up to look and play more accurate. But still, worst case scenario, we still are getting 16 new/different teams so it's hard to be too disappointed when 2k could have easily left classic teams untouched.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 3

lol that season was a mess, how are they considered a classic team lol. Nobody on that team had a good year besides Lins run. Melo had his worse statistical year in his prime, amare started his downturn, Jr was hit or miss, we had baren Davis corpse running point with Mike bibby's bones as backup lol. melo saved the season with a hot april

waste of a slot

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »