Home

Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #529
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
So who's gonna enter this PNO tournament that was announced by 2K? The grand prize is $115,000 and the finals are in February.

Unfortunately the game difficulty for qualifiers is set on PRO. Maybe we can rally to get this changed to Superstar?
On one hand, it's good to see the PNO game mode get some shine, but Pro?

Wow. They definitely need to get that on Superstar. That's going to be a ****show

As far as 2K20, coming off of 18/19...in my opinion it's on the lower end of the spectrum as far as cheese...which is always going to be prevelant (waiting for 2k to say "hold my patch" and change that)

I'm just tired of the disconnects. I actually WANT to play and got kicked out of about 5 straight games last night.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #530
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBjam
I noticed that also! Protect ball means you can still get ripped what's the point? IRL it does happen but not as much as this BS.

Also I can't tell you how many times I doubled a posting up big to swipe at the VERY exposed ball but can never steal it or it's a foul.

It's a stragetic move on my part to off-ball then double bigs who are killing me in the paint....but no....what ends up happening is that I can never steal it and they just pass out to the man I left for the open 3. Even worse I'm already running to close out the 3 cus they are so slow to react. It should've been a steal already.

Easier to play like a bonehead, I might find more success that way.

I'll have to post a vid.
don't even get me started on the missed steals on double teams.

Complete joke. Also thought that the bail out and trapper badges would bring a degree of skill to double teams so that double teaming bad passers with good defenders would lead to more beneficial plays, but it seems entirely random.

My example in the last game of Jarrett Allen splitting a double team on a fast break had me going mad. My PG coughs it up with one guy just standing in front of him lol
Old 09-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #531
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
An elite defender should put fear in an average ball-handler. So yes the ball shouldn't be exposed
Exposed? Dude I literally hit protect ball whenever Curry got close--but ok. I guess we're saying you can steal the ball regardless. With that reasoning those guys should take Curry and swipe at guys collecting the rebound--since most rebounders are below average ball-handlers...

And ESPECIALLY since that worked out so well in 2K19 and all...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #532
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
So who's gonna enter this PNO tournament that was announced by 2K? The grand prize is $115,000 and the finals are in February.

Unfortunately the game difficulty for qualifiers is set on PRO. Maybe we can rally to get this changed to Superstar?
More info please.....
Old 09-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #533
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Exposed? Dude I literally hit protect ball whenever Curry got close--but ok. I guess we're saying you can steal the ball regardless. With that reasoning those guys should take Curry and swipe at guys collecting the rebound--since most rebounders are below average ball-handlers...

And ESPECIALLY since that worked out so well in 2K19 and all...
I wasn't saying you weren't holding it down.

What I was talking about was in a half court setting. When trying to call a play.

Also I wasn't calling Curry an Elite defender. I was just saying that should be the design. Which again I thought it worked well in 19.

I can't speak for 20. Because there have been so much problems. But in your video. It's seems to work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #534
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
More info please.....
https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/117...807309829?s=20

I'm definitely down to join, especially if they can up the difficulty. But it'll be nice to finally use real teams again in a tourney. Unlike the My Team tourney with superstars all over the court, PNO brings that pure basketball strategy because players are realistically rated.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

Last edited by EarvGotti; 09-17-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:11 PM   #535
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I wasn't saying you weren't holding it down.
My bad then. I've said for years it should be static. Hit L2 once and you stay in protect ball unless you hit it again or sprint.

But here again, it doesn't work if guys can still steal the ball. And Curry may not be an elite defender but he's an elite ball thief. My issue is simply dribbling the ball does not expose it--dribble moves do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #536
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Who remembers when last year they patched in the ability to not league up and just keep repeating a tier ?

December ish ?

I just want to remember how long last season I played that crap system and used different teams.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »