Home

This is NOT playing defense. Stop it 2k.

This is a discussion on This is NOT playing defense. Stop it 2k. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2020, 11:38 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: This is NOT playing defense. Stop it 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
You just figured out you can change your passing sliders?
NO, in past 2ks it wasnt nearly as necessary to go to such an extreme with my personal controller passing sliders.

due to the FAKE interceptor badge steals, its a must. because if you dont, you're giving 2k even more control over where you pass goes, and because they made unrealistic programming logic attached to that interceptor badge and your steals ratings. to give defenders too much of an advantage in this scenario. and almost no disadvantage. just stand around spamming X and RT to zoom from one side of the court to the other for a fake steal or fake tip. wash, rinse, repeat. there's a reason all of the elite players/teams run zone. they dont run zone because guys cant shoot and they want to stop drives. they do it to steal the ball in the passing lanes. because the game is broken (as far as realism is concerned) in regards to defense.

Yes i understand so is offense at certain aspects. but 2k has to stop the nonsense of nerfing this, OP'ing that, nerf this, OP that. to try an counter a programming mistake. How's about turning the ridiculous offense down if that is actually the case, and how's about turning down the ridiculous unreal defense. but no, if they do that, people who dont really understand the game of basketball will not be able to compete anymore. those users are using these badges as a clear crutch. without it, they would fall.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #34
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
NO, in past 2ks it wasnt nearly as necessary to go to such an extreme with my personal controller passing sliders.

due to the FAKE interceptor badge steals, its a must. because if you dont, you're giving 2k even more control over where you pass goes, and because they made unrealistic programming logic attached to that interceptor badge and your steals ratings. to give defenders too much of an advantage in this scenario. and almost no disadvantage. just stand around spamming X and RT to zoom from one side of the court to the other for a fake steal or fake tip. wash, rinse, repeat. there's a reason all of the elite players/teams run zone. they dont run zone because guys cant shoot and they want to stop drives. they do it to steal the ball in the passing lanes. because the game is broken (as far as realism is concerned) in regards to defense.

Yes i understand so is offense at certain aspects. but 2k has to stop the nonsense of nerfing this, OP'ing that, nerf this, OP that. to try an counter a programming mistake. How's about turning the ridiculous offense down if that is actually the case, and how's about turning down the ridiculous unreal defense. but no, if they do that, people who dont really understand the game of basketball will not be able to compete anymore. those users are using these badges as a clear crutch. without it, they would fall.
I'm still stuck on the fact that you're blaming the badge and zone defense instead of the people who are flatout making bad passing decisions. I posted some videos to show otherwise, yet you're still on the "fake defense" campaign.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #35
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Part of the issue here is that some of the animations you get aren't really contextual, and therefore don't really replicate what you'd see in real life. For example, if you drive baseline, have a shooter in the corner, and his defender is camped out under the basket trying to play the passing lane, in real life you'd just reach out of bounds and throw the ball around them, or you'd put a little more touch on the throw to get it over them. It's difficult to recreate either of those animations in 2K with consistency. The lob passes tend to be too floaty and the other just doesn't trigger most of the time.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #36
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Part of the issue here is that some of the animations you get aren't really contextual, and therefore don't really replicate what you'd see in real life. For example, if you drive baseline, have a shooter in the corner, and his defender is camped out under the basket trying to play the passing lane, in real life you'd just reach out of bounds and throw the ball around them, or you'd put a little more touch on the throw to get it over them. It's difficult to recreate either of those animations in 2K with consistency. The lob passes tend to be too floaty and the other just doesn't trigger most of the time.
Then that's just a limitation of the game and not the defense is being OP. Even then...

When you driving baseline, the corner player opposite you should be rotating towards the wing to give you an outlet pass. Trying to make that pass to the corner is not a good pass. When you driving baseline, the shooters should be at the wings, at the top, or the corner behind you.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:11 PM   #37
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

So you guys both have PGs. You telling me that it's a bad pass to be 1 pass away from the wing when dribbling top of the arc? Or lets say you're passing 1 pass away from the wing to the corner? These are bad passes to you? With an ELITE defender such as Kawhi, what should be the success rate on a deflection or steal in these situations? Should the player with the ball have to loft pass these passes or should a simple bounce or chest pass suffice?

Because when playing against a zone, with guards heavily pressuring you up the court, once you cross half court, these passes are frequently picked off against steep competition.

You're arguing about corner to corner passes, or even kick out passes from the paint.

I'm simply stating that even 1 pass away passes are being picked off at a high rate.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:25 PM   #38
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
So you guys both have PGs. You telling me that it's a bad pass to be 1 pass away from the wing when dribbling top of the arc? Or lets say you're passing 1 pass away from the wing to the corner? These are bad passes to you? With an ELITE defender such as Kawhi, what should be the success rate on a deflection or steal in these situations? Should the player with the ball have to loft pass these passes or should a simple bounce or chest pass suffice?

Because when playing against a zone, with guards heavily pressuring you up the court, once you cross half court, these passes are frequently picked off against steep competition.

You're arguing about corner to corner passes, or even kick out passes from the paint.

I'm simply stating that even 1 pass away passes are being picked off at a high rate.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Alcj4MtiMHGWiCd8YGDPBHlR58O7

At the :22 mark, they attempted to double team me in the corner and even added a 3rd player as I was dribbling towards the wing. Notice how the AI positioned itself at the top, wing, and far corner. I threw the pass to the far corner, because my big had the defender closed off underneath the basket.

At the :41 mark, the defense is in a 2-3 zone, and the two guards are positioning themselves to trap me near the half-court line. I let the double team get near me, and then I did a change of direction. As I was rounding the corner on the defender, I had a choice of hitting the big on the left or the wing shooter. I decided to go with the shooter.

At the 1:28, they decided to triple team me near the half-court line, because my big was slow coming back on offense. I just made the simple pass, but I had two targets. Truthfully, if they didn't hit the two contested 3's and the third 3, the game would have been a lot closer in the 3rd.

From the wing to the corner is not a bad pass. You just have to know when to pass it. Even in my example, I passed from one wing to the opposite corner, but I was aware of the defenders' positions on the floor.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-06-2020 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:18 AM   #39
Banned

Housh123's Arena

I agree with Howard

The defense of 2k20 is trash

But passing correctly and shooting does combat this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

agree! i hardly EVER make bad passes and when i do i instantly KNOW it’s a bad pass as soon as i hit the button i know it’s going to be a turnover. but like you said it’s the one pass away from wing to corner or from top to wing are the good passes that are being stolen with ease, the guys defending this exploit has to be those same guys using this exact cheesy defense. not saying i should never get my pass stolen but every single time? no way in hell!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »