Home

On ball D as bad as 2K21 now?

This is a discussion on On ball D as bad as 2K21 now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-31-2021, 07:50 AM   #41
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: On ball D as bad as 2K21 now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
There’s a new video game culture (not that new anymore) that when a game is 90% good and 10% bad people almost always focus on the 10%

I like you am enjoying 2k this year a lot, I like others wish defense could revert back a little to what it was at release but I assume they’re trying to find a happy medium…….

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

well but for me the things that are bad are actually ruining my experience heavily. you simply cannot play defense in this game. 1) perimeter D is completely sticky to an unrealistic degree and on the other hand AI teammates are dumb as hell so that you basically cannot defend solidly at all. you would need to control all 5 defenders simultaneously. but as you cannot do that you can only decide which defenders will not make a mistake while everyone you did not select will do something stupid. defense is like 50 % of the game. so 50 % of the game is (very!!!!) bad already.
then you look at offense where shooting is green or miss resulting in ridiculous numbers for people that are good at timing their shot. they will shoot 50+ % from three, even on superstar sliders (league leader in our league shoots 60 % from deep....thats 1.8 points per possessions on 3pt shots...that equals 90 % field goal percentage on 2 point shots). on the other hand people not good at timing shots will shoot below 30 % consinstently. and because defense is not really working you cannot get a real solid offense to go. no closeouts, no helpside so you don't need to swing the ball around and find the open man. its either you go 1on1 and have a layup (or an open three after only one pass) or you run a play. cool.

and I havent even started with defensive settings not working,

controller and coach settings resetting all the time (i have to change several settings at the start of EVERY ****ING GAME and that since NBA 2k16.

so its not like 10 % of the game is bad and 90 % is good. for whats important to me its more like 70-80 % is bad and 30-20 % is good. but why do I keep playing this? I am part of an online league that runs without interruption since NBA live 2005, I am part since NBA 2k11. I am managing my own team through draft, free agency and trades for nearly 10 years. the community is great and all the team management stuff is great. I am definitely not giving all of that up, because the thing where we only play the actual games is not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2021, 09:16 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: On ball D as bad as 2K21 now?

Even the real NBA this season is really more onto defensive side of the game getting some love with ref. decisions and overall real players really caring about defense this year either 1v1 or team wise that you see in the NBA games which hopefully carry on to be better overall and balanced basketball in NBA.

But with 2k a big NO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »