Home

95-96 season (360 only)

This is a discussion on 95-96 season (360 only) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 95-96 season (360 only)

Understood... but you guys do know of the limitations that 2K provides in creating these rosters. This isn't easy work, not by a longshot. Each file means HOURS and HOURS of work (not only in creating them, but in the amount of pre-research to get all the information correct).

I didn't mean to come off like a jerk, so my apologies. But there are around 15 years of full rosters offered for FREE. When I read about crowd noise being a "deal breaker" for some, it did get under my skin a bit. But my apologies, and I will now sit down and shut up.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can't thank roster makers and hokupguy enough because I can't play with current season rosters. I tried to watch some recent NBA games but it just doesn't have that old feeling so I'm giving up with Rose, CP3, and Durant etc. So these rosters are very precious to me and I'm sure many feel the same way.

By the way, I once helped out a friend painting his entire house because he had to sell his house immediately for very unfortunate reason. I'm not a professional painter but I still helped out for free even though I had very busy schedule during the weekend. I canceled my evening with my girlfiend's family and spent entire weekend double coating the entire house. Now I remember this guy even had to go out for dinner with his wife while I was painting by myself for 3 hours at some point. (wifey's birthday whatever) He thanked me before, during, and after the painting but that's not the point here.

Anyways I went over to his house next week and this guy was pointing out few imperfections here and there. I was then furious with him because he didn't keep basic manner with me by telling me this unnecessary stuff after all I did for him. He wondered what he did wrong and I explained when someone does a favor with pure kindness, that kind of unnecessary talk will make the other person feel like they owe some kind of workmanship warranty. I told him you can do that when you hire a contractor or help but not to me.

Well no more favours for this guy I told myself. Anyways I hope everyone can see my point. If you have issues with certain bugs, (certainly when you know it is not intended by the roster makers) perhaps you should take it to 2K forum and ask for their help. Because they will listen to your request over there and they are responsible for fixing it.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #115
All Star

OVR: 49

i am looking into a work around for the crowd noise for those teams in season. Play i think i have it working with the new tool. To early to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
amaechi had hair that first year in cleveland, then he was out of the nba for a few seasons and when he came back was bald. leglers hair is kinda medium brown, not really blonde. 2k really needs to improve the hair styles and colors for caps.

i made a kidd cap for 2k10 that was pretty good, iverson shouldnt be too hard. we'll see about ray allan but nash will be a challenge considering lack of hairstyles, i may have to leave him with the default player model.
Thanks PB, I know there's so many players in this for all to be perfect. I think it's my sketchy memory more than anything. Any news on timeline for 1997? When's the new tool out so you can revisit other years? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
go buy some crowd noise on itunes and have your kid / wife / girlfriend crank up the volume for you at the necessary moments...

Come on, guys. PB puts a ton of time into this and people would complain about a lack of crowd noise???

Face it, there's nothing that can be done about this. But this isn't even close to a gamebreaker...
Totally agree. Plus there's a few classic teams with poor home crowds so you may not even notice ;p
Old 04-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #118
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Guys, i just exchanged my PS3 for an xbox 360, and of course, i´ve downloaded this amazing rosters to play with my all-time favorites Sonics!

Congratulations to portlandblazer!

Just one question: what sliders are you using with this set?

Thanks, and again, GREAT work!
The Purist's. Closest to real stats I've ever played. You need to make a few adjustments to how you play to reduce turnovers and I find if the wrong play is called early (for example SF inbounds to a PG on a play called for a PF the PG will sometimes throw a 80ft pass to PF resulting in a turnover) then you may want to reduce flashy passes and increase pass accuracy.

Whether you play on Pro to Hof doesn't really matter. It's all about the sliders. I've seen many people stating how good they are and they play on hof but then you see thier sliders and they're totally unbalanced.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #119
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Understood... but you guys do know of the limitations that 2K provides in creating these rosters. This isn't easy work, not by a longshot. Each file means HOURS and HOURS of work (not only in creating them, but in the amount of pre-research to get all the information correct).

I didn't mean to come off like a jerk, so my apologies. But there are around 15 years of full rosters offered for FREE. When I read about crowd noise being a "deal breaker" for some, it did get under my skin a bit. But my apologies, and I will now sit down and shut up.
Are these views ever expressed to 2K for the next installation of NBA? For example it would be great if you could load in rosters created on previous versions rather than starting over. It must affect sales. I'll not but 2k12 until March 2012 earliest as there's just too much I've not done on 2k11 and with all the bulls teams likely being removed there will be less that appeals to me at full value. I'll likely trade for the game secondhand, meaning 2k lose a sale. I doubt I'm the only one.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I can't thank roster makers and hokupguy enough because I can't play with current season rosters. I tried to watch some recent NBA games but it just doesn't have that old feeling so I'm giving up with Rose, CP3, and Durant etc. So these rosters are very precious to me and I'm sure many feel the same way.

By the way, I once helped out a friend painting his entire house because he had to sell his house immediately for very unfortunate reason. I'm not a professional painter but I still helped out for free even though I had very busy schedule during the weekend. I canceled my evening with my girlfiend's family and spent entire weekend double coating the entire house. Now I remember this guy even had to go out for dinner with his wife while I was painting by myself for 3 hours at some point. (wifey's birthday whatever) He thanked me before, during, and after the painting but that's not the point here.

Anyways I went over to his house next week and this guy was pointing out few imperfections here and there. I was then furious with him because he didn't keep basic manner with me by telling me this unnecessary stuff after all I did for him. He wondered what he did wrong and I explained when someone does a favor with pure kindness, that kind of unnecessary talk will make the other person feel like they owe some kind of workmanship warranty. I told him you can do that when you hire a contractor or help but not to me.

Well no more favours for this guy I told myself. Anyways I hope everyone can see my point. If you have issues with certain bugs, (certainly when you know it is not intended by the roster makers) perhaps you should take it to 2K forum and ask for their help. Because they will listen to your request over there and they are responsible for fixing it.
Totally see your point and you sound like a very good friend. I've got quite a bit of painting to get round to, you're welcome to do it and I promise I won't complain afterwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »