Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Lakers vs. Celtics within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K9: Lakers vs. Celtics (User vs. CPU - Slider Speed @ 40)

I played maybe 300 games on 2K6 over 2 years, and probably around 800 on 2K8 in the past year. I can't wait until I play 800 games of 2K9 and 2K10 (they'll need to go to 2010 instead of 2K10 at this point, I hope) and finally get jaded enough with 2K to not be totally amped for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #42
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NBA 2k9 : Lakers vs Celtics (user vs cpu)

This is game speed on 40? Why do they even bother with game speed settings slower than this?

Players moving up and down the court (well, technically left and right) are going at a near-proper speed, but overall gravity and ball speed is far too slow.

This game does not look to be flowing as well as I had hoped.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I missed the opportunity yesterday, but this time I'll ask...

Please don't respond to this dude. He hasn't posted anything positive or thoughtful and is just baiting people. The forum's a better place when people don't take the bait.
You are correct...don't feed the Live trolls
Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #44
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This is game speed on 40? Why do they even bother with game speed settings slower than this?

Players moving up and down the court (well, technically left and right) are going at a near-proper speed, but overall gravity and ball speed is far too slow.

This game does not look to be flowing as well as I had hoped.
Lowering the game speed to 0 is a great way to learn the nuances of the game. Because of the slow motion, your reactions are perfect defensively and you can tell exactly what place you need to be for various situations.

That was actually an issue I had last year, because without lock on D, a driving player would bounce or slide off of and around defenders and there was no real way to take a charge against the CPU.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lol on the Odom dunk at the end, the "OOHHHHH!!!" commentary clip.. You could still definitely hear Kenny in there.
Otherwise sweet video, looks like I will be playing @ 40 game speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntNL
You guys really think that Live tops 2K this year? Still doubting.. 2nite a couple of rounds of live 09 demo for me again...
Come on man.. they're being sarcastic because the guy is trying to get a reaction out of 2k fans.

Truth is, there has been a lot of wait for all these gameplay videos, we've gotten little to no news in months except a few screenshots in which they expected us to 'drool' and hype each other up.

What 2k marketing didn't realize is that this type of strategy can easily backfire because people's anticipation will lead them to become more critical of what is given near release date.

Everyone here is really anxious to play, and I have no doubt everyone here will own a copy of the game come October 7th.

I also have no doubt numerous highlight videos will be shown with continuous brand new animations we've never seen before. The possibilities for sig moves are endless in this game simply due to the fact you can change shots at will (as proven by all the amazing reverse dunks and adjusted layups by momentous's trailer video).
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2
when is the demo coming out nba 2k9++++++++++++++++nba live ------------
Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #48
BTB
Th*s **n't s** w*rld

BTB's Arena

OVR: 16

Only thing I don't like is Pierce's jumper. Still doesn't have that natural fade to it that he puts on his midrange jumper. Not smooth enough. Dammit. One more year of not having fun going one on one with my favorite player.

The dynasty will return

Paul Pierce... talent + heart + toughness = The Truth

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »