Home

NBA 2K10 Cover Athlete Reveal Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Cover Athlete Reveal Thursday within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #89
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Cover athelete being announced Thursday...

I hope it's a picture of Kobe doing an interview sitting next to his wife while holding his two daughters on his lap. I don't think the NBA is trying hard enough to promote Kobe as the perfect husband and father.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 AM   #90
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Cover athelete being announced Thursday...

And if you still want Dwight...*

* To anyone who didn't read the real story, this is just a custom cover, nothing's real.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

Last edited by youvalss; 06-04-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #91
Supporter

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K10 Cover Athlete Reveal Thursday

Good choice. Now it looks like people that had been complaining about his sig shot will get finally get their wish for a new, updated one. I didn't really have a problem with the one already in the game, except of the way it looked after he shot the ball. Just thinking about it, they should be able to get some great moves/animations from Kobe when its time to do mo-cap.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah but is Kobe actually gonna do mo_cap? Did Garnett do it last year? As far as i know Shaun Livingston did all the mo_cap last year.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #93
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

No one person did "ALL" the mo-cap. . 2K Workers, Local athletes, and some pros all pitch into the mo-capping.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #94
Supporter

OVR: 22

^^^Yup

However, I just looked at the credits for NBA 2K9 (which included a special thanks to O.S btw), and Kevin Garnett name didn't even appear in the NBA talent portion of the credits. All the guys that did motion capture for 2K8 did however, even Shaqs' name appeared in the NBA talent section and he did motion capture for NBA2K back in 05. I would find it kind of ridiculous that one of your main selling points is sig style, add to that fact that they've paid for the athlete to be on the cover of their product; why would they have someone else try and replicate that athletes' shot and not get any motion capture sessions with them? Not saying that it couldn't have or didn't happen, it just would seem strange to me, if they didn't get any sessions with K.G, they should definitely try to take advantage of having one of the most skilled basketball players in the world on their product now, even if they did it moreso for his name.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 7

Well I hope they do a lot more Mo-Cap sessions for this year..

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
^^^Yup

However, I just looked at the credits for NBA 2K9 (which included a special thanks to O.S btw), and Kevin Garnett name didn't even appear in the NBA talent portion of the credits. All the guys that did motion capture for 2K8 did however, even Shaqs' name appeared in the NBA talent section and he did motion capture for NBA2K back in 05. I would find it kind of ridiculous that one of your main selling points is sig style, add to that fact that they've paid for the athlete to be on the cover of their product; why would they have someone else try and replicate that athletes' shot and not get any motion capture sessions with them? Not saying that it couldn't have or didn't happen, it just would seem strange to me, if they didn't get any sessions with K.G, they should definitely try to take advantage of having one of the most skilled basketball players in the world on their product now, even if they did it moreso for his name.
That's interesting because I was thinking since K.G. was on the cover of 2K9, how come his sig shot was the same from the previous year? And I hate how it looks in 2K9. I guess you never know sometimes what these companies are doing especially taking advantage of some key sources/talent.

Off topic, but I personally think that Live and 2K should fly in and pay Ray Allen to get his shot down perfectly. He has one of the greatest forms I've ever seen and no man can replicate it. Both games failed on the form and timing of his shot. Get it right.

Hopefully they take full advantage of Kobe and get everything down to the T.

Last edited by RICH72601; 06-04-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: missing word
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »