Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Arrives November 6th @ 2:00 AM PST (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Arrives November 6th @ 2:00 AM PST (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #97
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Arrives November 6th @ 2:00 AM PST (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Really? Some of you folks are quite comical.
explain to me how it's Sony's fault? If these patches are given to both MS and SONY and the same time, I would think they would release the same day. It just would make no sense for Sony to delay it on there part, for what?

I'm sure you won a 360 too right?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 6

When they write we dont have to start Asso. all over again, I hope they mean a nomal season al well?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #99
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: NBA 2K10 360 Patch Arrives November 6th @ 2:00 AM PST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKasmar
If I can play ranked games and team-up games at an improved and stable rate I'll be surprised.
yeah but remember when all of these issues were supposed to be fixed after last year's patch? still the frame-rate issues and online lag...

we can only hope and see tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #100
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
That would be nice, I didn't realize the injuries in the rosters weren't carrying over to Association mode.
i'm praying this is part of it. this is one of the most frustrating and unrealistic aspects of the game. not sure how it could be overlooked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabanski
Is there a PC patch?
i believe there is but it's still in development
Old 11-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
it just baffles me that the PS3 users get the shaft, and I doubt it's Sony's fault.
Itīs not exactly news that the 2 companies (Microsoft / Sony) work at different speeds for different games in a lot of cases. Itīs not allways Sony thatīs slower but thereīs every reason to believe that this is their speed thatīs lacking, not sth 2K did wrong.

Mind you, the PS3 patch details were clear and posted before the 360 version.

Quote:
explain to me how it's Sony's fault? If these patches are given to both MS and SONY and the same time, I would think they would release the same day. It just would make no sense for Sony to delay it on there part, for what?

they are testing them, not just getting them and uploading them, which is work. Sometimes one company works faster on a specific test run than the other, f.e. depending on workload due to exclusive games that are thus only getting patched/tested (or demo versions that get screened) for 1 console and thus pushing other games back on that console but not on the other.

It happens on both systems all the time and itīs really not news if you follow the pattern a bit.

Last edited by Whoman; 11-05-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #102
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

LOL. I have both actually. I rarely use my BD player for games, but, for once, the PS3 version feels a little better. Basically, you just answered your own question; I think the patch was given to both at the same time. So, if MS is out sooner, and Sony later, then something must be going on with Sony. Not 2K.

Now, IF the Sony patch has some much different issues, then I could see them taking the time to make sure it's right. One has to be first. It may as well be the most popular platform right?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #103
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Since we've seen both PS3 and 360 versions of sports game patches release first before, I'd say a significant factor in which version is first to drop is workload. If there are several other exclusive games or XBox Live Arcade/PSN games that have stuff in the works it would slow down that version.

Plus, I'm sure each system has their own unique process for how they test this stuff.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #104
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

The ps3 gets stuff late constantly and with multiple games so it's pretty obvious that it's a Sony problem.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »