Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #201
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

But guys I'm not saying it good thing or its just little thing to overlook while playing (seeing big men shoot 3's). It just like damn....the game is broken to everyone. broken is a word I would use if the game frooze everytime I played or if I was able to fade away to make every shot I took. That sounds like a game breaker. But because I don't play offline much. The 3 pointer thing doesn't look like that much of a big deal. But tonight I'll start my own franchise just to see what you guys are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #202
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
so let me get this straight, the second patch fixed myplayer,league, alley, kickout passes,defense, cherrypicking,putback abuse,shooting percentages, and people are not going to download it because there is a change a center may throw up a 3 once in a game if he is wide open, okay good luck with that.
It sounds so small. But I could see why some would be totally pissed off with Big Men shooting shots they have no business shooting.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #203
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I don't have the PS3 version so I can't comment but to me it sounds like a killer for me. I mean, people like Shaq shooting 20 footers means lost possessions. Especially in a scenario with lets say 20 seconds left and up by one and the AI takes a jumper with Shaq. It just would take the win away from me as I would feel it was a cheated win in a way to myself.

Now, if turning chemistry off can fix it, great. If it can't, than I'm not sure if I can play association mode. It's just disappointing that 2K can't put out a patch that only fixes things. Not one that fixes things and breaks new things.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #204
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
But guys I'm not saying it good thing or its just little thing to overlook while playing (seeing big men shoot 3's). It just like damn....the game is broken to everyone. broken is a word I would use if the game frooze everytime I played or if I was able to fade away to make every shot I took. That sounds like a game breaker. But because I don't play offline much. The 3 pointer thing doesn't look like that much of a big deal. But tonight I'll start my own franchise just to see what you guys are talking about.
Jeebs have you played any Quick games???
The big men issue is in quick games to???
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #205
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
I get why people are annoyed as well, it not realistic but there are more serious issues with the the games logic without the second patch, a video game will never be able fully imitate a real game because of unpredictability factor when human are involved, I can deal with one minor flaw if the solution corrects 10 plus serious issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #206
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

^I totally agree^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Jeebs have you played any Quick games???
The big men issue is in quick games to???

I actually played about 10-15 quick games now. Haven't seen anything these guys are talking about.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #207
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I actually played about 10-15 quick games now. Haven't seen anything these guys are talking about.
Are you playing with 2K's official roster?

Perhaps the issue only arrises if you play with heavily edited rosters.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #208
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I don't have the PS3 version so I can't comment but to me it sounds like a killer for me. I mean, people like Shaq shooting 20 footers means lost possessions. Especially in a scenario with lets say 20 seconds left and up by one and the AI takes a jumper with Shaq. It just would take the win away from me as I would feel it was a cheated win in a way to myself.

Now, if turning chemistry off can fix it, great. If it can't, than I'm not sure if I can play association mode. It's just disappointing that 2K can't put out a patch that only fixes things. Not one that fixes things and breaks new things.
thank you. I am going to try it without chemistry and see...but I liked playing with chemistry on too...added realism. Hopefully it works.

And...I never DL'ed any rosters except 2k's and I still have the problem.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13

Last edited by kenzil; 01-13-2010 at 01:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »