Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #81
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Now Available, Post Impressions Here (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
If steam ever gets off their lazy *** I would be able to answer you. But since it looks like us steam DD guys are stuck waiting. I might never know lol

Last time I am buying a product off of steam.
Ya, I bought a steam version b/c I couldn't find the DVD copy in stores till like 2 months ago. When I found it at EB, i bought it cause I didn't want to download the steam version again when i switch to my other laptop. + it was only 20 bucks. Probably should buy a DVD copy if you see one, and I just converted all my saved files + mods from the steam to the DVD copy, that way I was able to start where I left off.

BTW, had a fantastic game playing against the Bobcats, before the patch, S-Jax didn't score much and didn't even post up like he does in real life. But now, he was killing me, dominating my smaller SG, by backing him up for either a fade-away or a turn around move! Jax got me for 40pts, while Wallace had 19pts and Boris Diaw actually shot a clutch 3 to make the game close under a minute to go. But i still managed a win in a very close game! It was very realistic, PIP was 28pts for the Bobcats btw.

Overall, cpu players really play up to their tendencies, like I mentioned before I Troy Murphy hit me up with some clutch 3s and Granger was shooting alot. Today Jax was doing his thing (backing me up + an occasional 3) while Gerald Wallace was attacking the rim.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 03-24-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mniner2003
There is a work around that I've used that works like a charm. Check the 2ksports site.
I bought the steam version and this will be the last time i buy from them too. Where is it on the 2k site? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2

My brother was telling me yesterday that steam drags their feet when it comes to putting an update out for less popular games purchased from them. He experienced the same problem with another game last year where the patch was released on other sites 3 weeks to a month prior to steam releasing it.

I just went and purchased the DVD copy of 2k. I will never purchase another sports title through them again..heck, may never purchase another game from them period.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just a little something I noticed in my player mode.

I thought that the option to bring up the off the ball player options was just a summer league/training camp restriction thing. Now that I made the bobcats at the PG position, I tried using the off ball option to call for a pick in game and it doesn't work. I'm not sure if someone else posted this already but this isn't good.

I use this option often especially when I play with Orlando outside of my player mode due to their style of play. I'm not sure if 2k is attempting to simulate the screen by having the cpu execute it on its own but that doesn't work for me. Hope this goes away in the next installment!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #85
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpressure32
My brother was telling me yesterday that steam drags their feet when it comes to putting an update out for less popular games purchased from them. He experienced the same problem with another game last year where the patch was released on other sites 3 weeks to a month prior to steam releasing it.

I just went and purchased the DVD copy of 2k. I will never purchase another sports title through them again..heck, may never purchase another game from them period.
yeah i expected this from Steam...when the PC version of COD WaW had their games patched it took close to half a month for steam to patch theirs....

i have tons of games to play so 2k10 not being patched on time doesnt really bother me much...all im doing is modding the players, courts, etc etc...once the game is patched at least i will have one good looking accurate game

2k10 mod site for the curious
http://downloads.moddingway.com/index.php?game=5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
yeah i expected this from Steam...when the PC version of COD WaW had their games patched it took close to half a month for steam to patch theirs....

i have tons of games to play so 2k10 not being patched on time doesnt really bother me much...all im doing is modding the players, courts, etc etc...once the game is patched at least i will have one good looking accurate game

2k10 mod site for the curious
http://downloads.moddingway.com/index.php?game=5
I was under the impression from others that you have to reapply the mods AFTER you patch the game. That is why I have not started modding my game yet.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 22

you can mod whatever you want, patched or unpatched

the only "problem" mod is the custom TNT camera because it hacks the exe.

iff files, cdf files, rosters everything else you can mess with no matter if it is patched or not. it's just art
Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #88
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaosming
you can mod whatever you want, patched or unpatched

the only "problem" mod is the custom TNT camera because it hacks the exe.

iff files, cdf files, rosters everything else you can mess with no matter if it is patched or not. it's just art
pretty much this...so start modding up the players Phobia, i would suggest modding David Lee and Stoudamire for his goggles...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »