Home

Why not put the 94-95 Magic instead of 94-95 Knicks?

This is a discussion on Why not put the 94-95 Magic instead of 94-95 Knicks? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why not put the 94-95 Magic instead of 94-95 Knicks?

Im just saying it would be fun to re-create history instead of doing something that already happend. If you wanna do the Knicks-Bulls rivalry why not the 1993 ECF where they were down 2-0 and came back to win the series.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
These posts are getting tiresome. The whole idea behind the "jordan challenge" is to recreate unforgettable moments Jordan had throughout his career. The 90s Magic did not play any role in that sense, aside from being one of many teams Jordan repeatedly victimized.

I'm gonna take this a step further and break it down: Jordan vs the Knicks was probably the biggest rivalry for that time, he had more than a few spectacular performances against them and they should rightfully be showcased in the Jordan moments. Jordan vs the Blazers is another easy one. That unforgettable game where he had 30 plus in the 1st half, plus he won his 2nd championship against them. Against the Lakers, he won his 1st championship. Jordan vs the Pistons was another great rivalry in which Jordan had clutch performances and a great eastern conference playoff battle. Jordan vs the Jazz is another championship. Jordan vs Wilkins was a barrage of offense between the 2. Against the cavs he hit "the shot".... Sonics he won another championship....on and on and on.....There's a pattern happening here......These are all things that were out of the ordinary so to speak and assisted in catapulting his legacy.

Yeah there are a ton of teams that could be included. But I think the development did a great job in selecting these teams they have. Maybe there will be more in the future, but these teams are great choices.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Props to you. Magic are even more non-sense than the Pacers.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRobLakers
Im just saying it would be fun to re-create history instead of doing something that already happend. If you wanna do the Knicks-Bulls rivalry why not the 1993 ECF where they were down 2-0 and came back to win the series.
Because the 55 point game is a famous game--it's even nicknamed the "double nickel game".

The '95 Magic apparently would please a lot of people, but they just don't fit in the realm of The Jordan Challenge. If 2K keeps these historic teams, maybe they could go in 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

You can re-create history in any sports video game. It's not like each team in real life has the same record that you have in your Association. Anything you do in sports video games is re-creating history.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Couldn't have said it better myself. Props to you. Magic are even more non-sense than the Pacers.
^^^^ Game 7 of the 98 ECF: that be one wicked challenge "capitalize on Jordan's guarantee"
mid 90s magic would be a good DLC team...but not to replace the knicks, NEVER!!! But the 98 pacers challenge would be a good future addin or 2k12 challenge.....
Old 08-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Thanks brutha.

And to the OP.... I've seen a lot of requests for that 90's Magic team, And I understand why...Diesel and Penny, period. They had a great team. I promise you that someone on 2kshare will end up creating that team and then you will have your chance to re create history. But re creating history isn't the idea behind the Jordan Challenge. It's about REPEATING history and accomplishing the same goals which Jordan himself accomplished in the same settings.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

For Magic fans who are so inlove with the 1995 playoffs...May I suggest the 1995 Finals?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRobLakers
This was the year Jordan came back and the Magic put the bulls out in the second round this would be a very fun series to play. The Knicks and Bulls Didn't even play in the playoffs that year.
I would MUCH rather have the Knicks than that Magic team. The Knicks and Bulls were somewhat arch rivals for many years and are linked much more with Michael than that Magic team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »