Home

Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

This is a discussion on Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #1129
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Your Myplayer Career (NBA 2K11)

Larry Sanders threw up a 3 last night in an overtime game I was down in by like 3 or 5 points with plenty of time on the shot clock...... made me sad =(

Delfino just got 8 minutes taken from him and distributed to the whole team. I guess even though hes starting because of injury the coach can see hes garbage
Old 10-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #1130
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
The Knicks have fallen on hard times. After a narrow 87-86 defeat of the Raptors to start 1-0, the Knicks have dropped 3 straight, and to make matters worse Amar'e is out 2-4 weeks w/ a strained achilles. Scoring has been hardpressed, and the CPU Dantoni is running out lineups w/ Gallo playing Center when Ronny Turiaf rests on the bench.

I scored a career high 14pts, but did so in a loss to Orlando.

I also had the worst game of my early career coming in game2 of the season @ Boston, and it was a KEY GAME where I wound up scoring a D- Teammate Grade and netting a -473 skill pts which doubled to -946.

How does the game account for this? I noticed that in my next game, I entered w/ a skill pt balance of -946, and it appears that the game dropped my ratings in certain skills. My medium jumper which is usually an 85 was dropped down to a 79.

Does it drop that -946 skill points from the attribute where you've invested at least that many pts in? Or does it deduct a certain % of pts from a variety of attributes that I've increased?

Whatever the case, after I finished the game where I entered w/ negative skill pt balance, my skill pt balance after that game reflected the skill pts that I earned in my last game, and did not deduct from my negative balance.

I thought this was rather dumb. I was actually hoping that if I had a -946 and earned only 138 skill pts. Then I should now have a -808 skill pt balance, and have to earn my way back to a positive skill pt balance. IMO that would better reflect the stagnate development cycles that players go through.

Anybody else encounter this in their MyPlayer careers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Bump. Anybody?
Bumping.

...again.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #1131
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13TH
i found out by accident how to get 2x skill points every game in playoffs

So i was simming my games hoping to just play only finals game but my laker team goes down 3-1 to nuggets.They give you 2x skills points every game for must win games only for that series
Cool. So how do I get double skill points for games 1-3 in a series?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 PM   #1132
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Thirty games in, and rookie sensation Lance Law has helped the Thunder to 6th place in the West. Durant is still the unquestioned leader of the team, but Law has stepped in to become their consistent 2nd scorer and playmaker, averaging 17pts, almost 7 assists and 5 rebounds and an efficient 54% from the field. After being out for almost two weeks with an ankle sprain, Law returned to the starting lineup to help the Thunder on to a 3 game win streak, continuing the success the team had before he went down.

After an inconsistent start to the season, the Thunder seem focused and poised to make a run as they approach the All Star break.

(might bump up the difficulty from All Star to Superstar soon)

**As an aside, I'm not having any difficulty with my teammates playing horribly on All Star/Sim. Don't know what people are doing that's resulting in terrible teammate AI, but these things help me a lot:
-Carefully monitor your offensive aggression. Know when to step up and when to ride the hot hand/encourage a struggling teammate.
-Ride the mismatches at all costs. Big on small and vice versa, give the ball up and..
-create the proper space. Sometimes you just need to stand still on the other side of the court and let the CPU work. Countless times I've watched Durant just DESTROY his opponent if given enough time. I mean, crossover, step back, hopstep windmill dunk DESTRUCTION. Trust your teammates, even if they miss for a bit.
-Learn the plays, even though there is no play art. There are only three places for you to be: running around screens, the wings or the top of the arc. Within these places, there are only three things you're doing: catching to pass, catching to score or setting a screen.
-Move the ball quickly. There are times that we look like the 80s Celtics out there and I get a "pass to assist" bonus from moving the ball quickly. This happens when you recognize the play that's set up. Most common are moving the ball around the 3pt line, towards a post entry pass, or to the FT line where your big will hit a cutter.
-Set screen or iso? Both when you, or your primary scorer have the ball, this question is answered by the size/speed of the opponent. Smaller faster? Set screen. Bigger/slower? allow for iso.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 10-29-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #1133
Banned

OVR: 15

the thunder fired their coach in my my player
Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #1134
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't know what the problem might be defensively. We're the best defensive team in the league. Least points allowed, I think we're leading in steals and in rebounding. I'm not bragging, just stating how my guys are playing D. What position are you?

We occasionally get lit up by a star player, which is to be expected, but lately we've been keeping the percentages low. There are a few money plays that the CPU uses that my teammates refuse to defend, but overall we play good D. I've been upping my block and steal, but I'm not touching defensive awareness after I put it up to 50, since my guy is a rook and that's not part of his development yet.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #1135
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am playing as the Grizzlies as a scoring SG and I average about 22 PPG as sixth man (I play 12 min quarters). Our record is 11-2, we would have been 12-1 if the coach didn't pull me in the last 4 minutes of the game. I think I might request a trade because of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #1136
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I don't know what the problem might be defensively. We're the best defensive team in the league. Least points allowed, I think we're leading in steals and in rebounding. I'm not bragging, just stating how my guys are playing D. What position are you?

We occasionally get lit up by a star player, which is to be expected, but lately we've been keeping the percentages low. There are a few money plays that the CPU uses that my teammates refuse to defend, but overall we play good D. I've been upping my block and steal, but I'm not touching defensive awareness after I put it up to 50, since my guy is a rook and that's not part of his development yet.
I am kinda in the same boat, the Wizards (the team I am on atm) are the best defensive team in the league and the best shot blocking team in the league but they cant score (no suprise) leaving it all up to me (which I am fine with in THIS mode) and are a half a game behind the Heat for #1 seed in the East with like 10 games to go till the playoffs.

They need to make some adjustments to the mode which I know they will once they get the patch done. Either way still digging the most as much if not more then I did last year. Played four full seasons in 2k10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »