Home

NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music

This is a discussion on NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #33
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2k11 Custom Arena Music

With the custom tracks do we get to keep the in game stuff?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
The ps3 is killing me. Apparently it likes only one type of mp3 codec. Ipods, flash drives, 360s, macs, pcs, EVERYTHING else played the files as they were.

But apparently 459 files are flawed for the ps3

Does anyone know how to batch convert mp3s while keeping the mp3 tagging intact? I've got them all converted but now many tracks appear to have some sort of popping/clicking sound for a brief second and they lost their tagging. Was the conversion process interrupted for a moment? I'm truly no expert in that regard. I'm not really up for re categorizing 459 tracks. There has to be an easier way.

Zen master, from my understanding, the classic venues will fall under "ALL ARENAS", which is the overlying playlist for all of the venues. I think it overrides any team venue playlist. SO youd have to enter that menu CONSTANTLY to turn off and on all arena playlists.

Dirty Needles, The events from last year are the same for this year. Nothing has changed. Maybe the effectiveness of some, but the actual events are all the same. Nothing new to really add into the mix, songs wise. Jeopardy is kind of left with no place to go.

butie120, You can be as specific or vague as you want. The key with the 360 is playlist creation. In game, in the menu, all you see is playlist names. So you need to know whats in that playlist. Some people have one playlist for every song and just apply them that way. Others have larger playlists to get some variety. Tipoffs, most people seem to have either 1 or 2 tracks in that playlist. Just remember, with last years game, if you had a one song playlist for HOME UP, you pretty much got that same sound to be played constantly throughout the night.
The "All Arenas" option does not override individual team playlists, at least not on 2K10. I can attest to this. So that's one good thing.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #35
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

I didn't even see that post above. I've never had any trouble with any mp3's on the PS3. I don't see how they could be missed up. Let me run some test once I get the game...lol

How did you edit the MP3's Ruben?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I didn't even see that post above. I've never had any trouble with any mp3's on the PS3. I don't see how they could be missed up. Let me run some test once I get the game...lol

How did you edit the MP3's Ruben?
I tried it last night on the PS3 and what Ruben is saying is true. Most of the Mp3's arent playable even after importing them. Works on the 360 though.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #37
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

jeebs u seem to know what you are talking about so im going to ask you but anyone if you know feel free to answer.

Im new to the custom music thing. like i said before i just added music that was on my system. I read the original post and still dont get it.

My first question is what are those links under option 1 and option 2 for and second can you explain in lameins terms how to add music to the ps3. i know the game isnt out yet but im going to ask now so when it does come out i will know. thanks
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Works on the 360 though.
Man PS3 owners must hate reading this
Old 09-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
jeebs u seem to know what you are talking about so im going to ask you but anyone if you know feel free to answer.

Im new to the custom music thing. like i said before i just added music that was on my system. I read the original post and still dont get it.

My first question is what are those links under option 1 and option 2 for and second can you explain in lameins terms how to add music to the ps3. i know the game isnt out yet but im going to ask now so when it does come out i will know. thanks

If you have a PS3 the second option is what you download!

Ok let me try to explain. The PS3 doesn't read playlist formats by other media players (Blame Sony here). So what Ruben did for us (ps3 users) is make different file/upload with all the files (mp3 in this case). But the only thing changed were the tags of the files. Such as albums and artist. Which the PS3 can sort through. All you would have to do is create a playlist outside of the game. And then apply them (playlist) once you are in game.

The only difference here is that for users PS3 we basically have another level of work to do. Thats all.

I just finish downloading the file. Let me take a look. And see what I can do.

Last edited by jeebs9; 09-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Both of the links when trying to download say "temporarily unavailable". anyone know why this is?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »