Home

Making the transition to Basketball - Need your help

This is a discussion on Making the transition to Basketball - Need your help within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Making the transition to Basketball - Need your help

Whats up guys, I am a big football, baseball, and hockey sports gamer but now I want to seriously get into basketball. I have NBA 2K10 but I just cant stick with it, I am horrible. can anyone give me tips? maybe give me some videos to help me learn the sport. NBA 2K11 is too good to ignore man.

thanks

Nets for all the way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Making the transition to Basketball - Need your help

First, spend hours in the practice mode learning the iso moves. That is the biggest difficulty for those that are new to 2K basketball. There is a sticky in this forum has a guide to all of the iso moves. Once you do this, than you can research teams and their tendencies and play accordingly.

Oh yeah, if you are new to basketball, make sure you watch it when the season starts. The commentary will give you insight to the philosophy of the teams, players and coaches.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
First, spend hours in the practice mode learning the iso moves. That is the biggest difficulty for those that are new to 2K basketball. There is a sticky in this forum has a guide to all of the iso moves. Once you do this, than you can research teams and their tendencies and play accordingly.

Oh yeah, if you are new to basketball, make sure you watch it when the season starts. The commentary will give you insight to the philosophy of the teams, players and coaches.
I am a Nets fan, should I just play with them until I get good or use a better team?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo1986
I am a Nets fan, should I just play with them until I get good or use a better team?
Welcome to Basketball Rambo. Definitely use a better team to start. I would pick one descent team and learn their shot releases in practice first. Just the starting 5 and also look at their ratings like close med and 3 point shot to know who shoots good from what range.

I will be releasing some strategy videos this year that should also help you with some of the nuances. Get in practice and as you run into something just post here and someone will def help you out as much as we can.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Wassup Rambo?

I like you also recently (2 years now) made the transition and I am still struggling!

A good source for tutorials is Youtube and check out ma man Da Czar's videos, he's got some
sick lessons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Almighty 2k Paper Champ

richmo's Arena

OVR: 15

http://www.youtube.com/user/bballbreakdown

In terms of fundamentals, his channel is pretty good. Won't teach you EVERYTHING, but has good insight of a lot of plays that went down last season.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

strategy videos from da czar...!!!

best news ever
Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 14

I made the jump a in 2006. If I can give you some advice that wont leave you frustrated, i would say "know your players and know what they CAN and CAN NOT do". EX: don't try to make Lebron a 3pt shooter or think Rashard Lewis will just drive to the hole and bang on people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »