Home

How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

This is a discussion on How's Your Association Going? (2K11) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #3457
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How's Your Association Going? (2K11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin.Rivers.25
I made an association with fantasy draft and his is my team:

PG: Stephon Curry / Toney Douglas / Jason Williams
SG: Aaron Afflalo / Anthony Morrow / Jake Robinson
SF: Wilson Chandler / Martell Webster
PF: Blake Griffin / Andray Blatche / Sean Williams
C: Kevin Love / Josh McRoberts

I'm currently only 4-6 and I believe my problem is defense, where my team is only ranked 28th.. Would be nice if you guys could give me some advice on who to trade for and rate my team
I got a pretty young team and I traded for a pick from the 76ers who are currently 1-9, so I'll have a pretty high pick in the upcoming Draft.

Thanks for rating
With Douglas, Affalo, Chandler, your outside D should be fine but inside might have a few problems but Blake Griffin willl get better on D so your team should be pretty good but you could try to trade for a Camby/Chandler or some other shot blocker to hold down the paint
Old 03-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #3458
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider131
With Douglas, Affalo, Chandler, your outside D should be fine but inside might have a few problems but Blake Griffin willl get better on D so your team should be pretty good but you could try to trade for a Camby/Chandler or some other shot blocker to hold down the paint
yes that's true but I wanted to keep my Front Court of Griffin/Love together
Old 03-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #3459
Rookie

OVR: 0

Started a Nuggets association and used the trade override to give them the Knicks draft picks. The only difference was giving them the 2012 1st Rounder instead of 2014 because that's as far into the future as you can go.

I mostly simmed the first season and played the playoffs. I upset Dallas in the first round and lost to San Antonio next. I played enough where I got a good feel for all the players and who I wanted to keep

Off-Season
I re-signed Nene, Wilson Chandler, and Arron Afflalo. I let JR Smith, Kenyon Marvin, Marvin Ely, and Gary Forbes go.

Trades
-Raymond Felton & Kosta Koufos to CHARLOTTE for 2011 1st (Lottery) & 2nd Round Picks (#2)
-Chris Anderson & 2011 1st Round Pick (#21) to CLIPPERS for 2011 1st Round Pick (#10)
-2011 2nd Round Pick (#2) & 2011 2nd Round Pick (#21) to SPURS for 2011 1st Round Pick (#26)

Draft Day Blockbuster
2011 1st Round Pick (#2-Perry Jones), Ty Lawson, Al Harrington & 2011 2nd Round Pick to WARRIORS for Stephen Curry & 2011 1st Round Pick (#16)

Draft Picks: #10 - Jan Vesely (F), #16 - Brandon Knight (G), #26 - Jeff Taylor (SF)
Free Agent Signings: Carl Landry, Marco Belinelli, Sasha Vujacic, Kurt Thomas, Royal Ivey

2011-12 DENVER NUGGETS
PG: Stephen Curry (86), Brandon Knight (66), Royal Ivey (50)
SG: Arron Afflalo (74), Marco Belinelli (68), Sasha Vujacic (63)
SF: Wilson Chandler (81), Danilo Gallinari (79), Jan Vesely (68), Jeff Taylor (67)
PF: Carl Landry (75), Kurt Thomas (65)
C: Nene (81), Timofey Mozgov (65)

Thoughts?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #3460
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSuns
Trades
-Raymond Felton & Kosta Koufos to CHARLOTTE for 2011 1st (Lottery) & 2nd Round Picks (#2)
-Chris Anderson & 2011 1st Round Pick (#21) to CLIPPERS for 2011 1st Round Pick (#10)
-2011 2nd Round Pick (#2) & 2011 2nd Round Pick (#21) to SPURS for 2011 1st Round Pick (#26)
Thoughts?
If your charlotte would you agree to that trade? They just got rid of felton, Augustine is their future, there the ones who should be shedding cap and talent for picks. & judging by the position of the second rounder, that's a very high lotto pick.
If your clippers would you agree to that trade? despite the fact they no longer have the pick, why would they drop eleven places for Chris Anderson? to steep.

-----++-----

General question. Are you guys playing ANY games in these associations? Seems like everyone's simming through to the off-season, getting bored , and no doubt starting again.

To accomplish realism in this game you must combine patience with logic. If you don't invest time or reason into your dynasty, then there's little fulfillment to be gained.

dazpoo23, CultGame.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #3461
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazpoo23
If your charlotte would you agree to that trade? They just got rid of felton, Augustine is their future, there the ones who should be shedding cap and talent for picks. & judging by the position of the second rounder, that's a very high lotto pick.
If your clippers would you agree to that trade? despite the fact they no longer have the pick, why would they drop eleven places for Chris Anderson? to steep.

-----++-----

General question. Are you guys playing ANY games in these associations? Seems like everyone's simming through to the off-season, getting bored , and no doubt starting again.

To accomplish realism in this game you must combine patience with logic. If you don't invest time or reason into your dynasty, then there's little fulfillment to be gained.
I completely agree with this. That is the only way I get "into" my association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #3462
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

With my Hawks, I just had a classic at United Center against Bulls. Back and forth all game, including several kick *** dunks by both sides (Josh Smith with a reverse dunk over Noah, bad ***!!!). Regulation came down to a last second shot by Bulls that Rose missed, 95-95. 1st overtime more of the same, trading shots, this time I get last shot attempt with Johnson, miss!! 105-105; 2nd overtime I pull out by 5 with 1 1/2 left, only for rose to sink a 3 and get equalizer with me missing 2 shots, 115-115. 3RD OT!!! wow, we both start off trading shots, Noah fouls out, Johnson hit's a 3 with a minute left, Rose drives the lane and Smith blocks shot and allows me to get a transition basket by Horford, up by 5 with 30 sec left. They come down and Rose drives to the basket with a great dunk, im up by 3 with 12 seconds left. They immediate foul and put Horford at line, he misses both foul shots!!! - Timeout bulls, 7 seconds left. They inbound to Rose, I am trying to double team and foul and put him to line with 2 shots, but he gets a 3 point shot off!!!!!!!!!!! He misses!! Hawks win on the road 125-122, never had such a fun experience with any sports game, outstanding!!! Not just because I won, because the game flow was realistic and never felt cheated, I have lost and won several games on last 2nd shots, but never have I had a 3 OT affair. Just had to share.

I will be posting season results for year one when done, I play every other game in reg season, and currently in March of year 1, I am like 6 games back in east, Magic, Heat, Celtics have top 3 spots, with Bulls only half game back from me, which made game even more special.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #3463
MattUMD224

OVR:

2011 Season, Pre-Season

Me- Cavaliers

Anderson Varajeo
2012 2nd Rounder

Trailblazers

Andre Miller
Elliot Willaims
2012 1st Rounder

THe only Center that the Blazers have is Marcus Camby

Also what's something I could realistic with Antwan Jamison, he is 35 years old and has 1 year left on his contract. I liked him from when he played with the Wizards. Could I ship him off to a contender for a 1st rounder or something later.

I guess I have to keep Baron Davis for this year due to his poor contract and ship him off the following year.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #3464
Pro

OVR: 9

Well in my Bulls association before I started I traded Noah and 2 first rounders to the Clippers for Eric Gordon and their 11 first. I was getting killed on the glass and lost a couple games. So I re did the trade and made a couple smaller deals and here they are:

Pistons Get: Keith Bogans, 12 1st
Bulls Get: Tracy McGrady

Rockets get: Brian Scalabrine, Kyle Korver, 11 1st
Bulls get: Courtney Lee, Demarre Carrol, Brad Miller, 12 2nd round pick

Here's my rotation:

Rose / Watson
McGrady / Lee
Dang / Brewer
Boozer / Gibson
Noah / Miller / Asik

In my first game with this squad I put a beatdown on the Cavs winning 57-43 (7 min quarters). TMac was a beast. Poor Gibson couldn't stop him on the wing or in the post. He scored 19 points on 5-8 shooting and shot 8-9 from the foul line. Lee came off the bench and gave me 6 points. Even though it's one game, I like my depth a lot better than when I gave up Noah. I didn't give up much, just some picks, but I got better and much deeper off the bench which I wanted.

Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »