Home

NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here)

I experienced a brief instance of stutter last night during a secondary fast break (as the ball approached half court). This occurred offline in a quick game between the '96 Sonics and Bulls. It lasted for maybe three seconds and stopped once a foul was called.

I also could not successfully exit my Sonics-Bulls game upon completion. Selecting "Quit" froze my system (selecting quit at any time now freezes my system, as does attempting to enter Reelmaker - a problem shared by at least one other poster here). As mentioned earlier, it could just be a big coincidence, but I'd never experienced any semblance of freezing prior to picking up the patch.

For those with file corruption experience, what might I have to erase to rid of my freeze? Is there an order of operations i.e. Settings first? Then Roster? Then Profile? And does that then mean I must unlock all 15 classic battles once again? I'm thinking so, and that's a bummer. I don't think I even did anything to warrant file corruption. I'm always very careful to let my game finish saving before doing anything.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-14-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here)

after the patch, it is now taking me over 15 mins to find a game. Patch definitely made it worse
Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #107
bum
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here)

I posted earlier in this thread but that was hours after the patch was released. I figured if I give it some time, things might improve. After playing for about an hour or 2 tonight, I have noticed that post patch quick match connections are still much slower. When I do get a game it seems to be fairly lag free however. It just takes at least 10 times longer to find an opponent than it did pre patch.

Just started trying the quick team up games. Pre patch, I never could get a game going. Post patch I can get a game going fairly quickly (faster than quick match actually), but have only ever finished 1 game due to drops and "network conditions too poor". The gameplay in team up is still very laggy with the "waiting for opponent" popping up every 30 seconds. That's all I have noticed so far post patch.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
I'm browsing this forum for feedback re: all issues.

Please be specific on what kind of "stutter" you are experiencing and in which modes/how often.

Thanks, hope the patch is improving your experiences online.
By stutter, I mean frame rate issues on xbox 360, not sure about ps3. I'm experiencing it in my player mode mostly, haven't tried Association but some of my friends told me it's happening in association as well. As for online, not much frame rate issues but theres that little input lag. this patch has fixed most of that though.
Again with the stutters, it's really unenjoyable and it's irriating and annoying. It also happened a little bit in my quick games but way more on my player.

before patch I saw frame rate lags in my player so I stopped my player for a while. tried it again today after patch and it seemed to get worse. Seemed to stutter for most of the game.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 8
Icon8 Re: NBA 2K12 Patch Available Now For 360, Soon For PS3 (Post Your Online Issues Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That's weird, I've only had the problem pose-patch in MP. And I've already deleted the patch and made a new MP and I didn't notice the stuttering (it was only one game tho.)

But I don't doubt what you say and I'm not surprised. 2K needs to get it together.
I might also make a new MP and play offline without the patch, since before the patch it only happened against certain teams and didn't last as long as post-patch.
It's a bummer because I was 57 games in.... now have to start all over again
Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 10
so im getting some lag to..heres the thing, i havent downloaded the patch yet. Yet yesterday my game was smooth and today its a bit glitchy? Maybe it was a freak incident....
Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #111
Banned

ZooM z00m's Arena

OVR: 5

I just want to say props to 2k for reaching out to us and also listening to what we are saying. Major respect for that.

[I play on XBOX]

I don't notice any 'stutter' offline, any online is chalked up simply to lag. I can do with a laggy spot here or there in a game, that's just the internet.

Alot of people are talking about defense, it feels you're on skates...well, you have to play correct defense. Stop swarming/going for steals. Play off your man a bit, give him a LITTLE space, but not enough where if he pulls up you're not even in a respectable distance to contest the shot. That way, the faster players won't go right around you. Anyone who's ever played bball in real life, and has guarded MUCH BETTER PLAYERS, know how easy it is for them to get around slower defenders.

Since I've started playing that way, more realistic on ball defense, I'm not getting embarrassed by the quicker perimeter players.

I've noticed that with Quick Team Up [all I've been playing], the game simply cannot stand 10 players in one game, mostly. Once guys start quitting, and there's -- say, 4 or 5 guys left, the game from there on out runs very very smoothly.

After the latest patch last night, it took a while to get my first Quick Teamup. Before the patch, I was getting them more frequent. I'm not one to complain if I have to wait a minute or two to get a game [when I gotta wait and then the games drop..then I'm pissed]. I've got patience. But last night..., my first attempt I think took me 45 minutes. After that, I was finding them faster and faster. I expect it to get better over the next few days/weeks.

I have yet to touch Online Association. Simply, I don't think I'll have the time to keep up with one and I wouldn't want to join anyone's league just to be inactive after a few days. So, I can't comment on that part of the game.

I think the 2k guys are making some good moves, trying their best, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. The game JUST CAME OUT, you can't ALWAYS expect online modes to be PERFECT. As long as their listening, and trying to improve our experience, that's all I care about.

After this weekend, I think we'll have a better understanding of what the latest patches are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

patch is an IMPROVEMENT...but the 3's are still too high ONLINE!

also guys still making WELL CONTESTED SHOT, I just lost a game on a LAST SECOND SHOT in which the guy made a shot with Durant to win the game DESPITE THE FACT THAT A TALL DEFENDER CAME OVER and CONTESTED THE SHOT...then when I looked at the REPLAY IN SLOW MOTION...THE DAMN BALL morphed through my defender hand so it was as if MY GUY WASN'T IN HIS FACE...basically INVISIBLE!

People should not be WINNING GAMES THIS WAY IMO, people are NOT EARNING WINS ONLINE they are just taking advantage of GLITCHES ONLINE

but I do see a BIG IMPROVEMENT and the game is at least more playable online but still have some things to clean up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »