Home

Why are defenders leaving their assignments?

This is a discussion on Why are defenders leaving their assignments? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Why are defenders leaving their assignments?

I can understand how to "fix" these issues for YOUR players, but what's the fix for the computer doing it?

Every time I throw into the post, they always have a help defender just come down and just stand in the middle of the paint. It's just odd. I mean, they sometimes leave good shooters just sitting wide open. But, if you're going to come down to help, then help. I don't see a point to just literally walking down to the paint only to just stand there 5 feet away from the post for 5-6 seconds and then walk away. It's just like the video on the first page.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
I can understand how to "fix" these issues for YOUR players, but what's the fix for the computer doing it?

Every time I throw into the post, they always have a help defender just come down and just stand in the middle of the paint. It's just odd. I mean, they sometimes leave good shooters just sitting wide open. But, if you're going to come down to help, then help. I don't see a point to just literally walking down to the paint only to just stand there 5 feet away from the post for 5-6 seconds and then walk away. It's just like the video on the first page.
I noticed this too, I know in the real NBA players will do this sometimes to just make the post player believe he may come double team them, but 2K12 seems to do this alot.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I noticed this too, I know in the real NBA players will do this sometimes to just make the post player believe he may come double team them, but 2K12 seems to do this alot.
But at least they're doing something in real life. In 2K, their "help" defender just acts like he has nothing better to do. I play as the Rockets against the Cavs. I throw it into Scola against Jamison and Chuck Hayes clears out. Well, it's good the Varejo is not going to go out a guard Hayes since he can't shoot. But, he'll just casually walk into the paint and stand there acting like there is nothing going on. He doesn't double on Scola, he doesn't even get close. If I wait long enough, he'll hurry out so to not get a Def. 3 Sec. call or I'll back down and even into Varejo and he still doesn't do anything. It's just odd. Or, I'll throw it down to Scola and Someone like A Parker sags down into the paint to do the same thing and completely leaves Kevin martin open. I mean, "Gee, thanks for the open shot." but they play the whole situation really dumb.

On a side note, when getting a pick against the computer, how come their help defender ALWAYS jumps out to prevent the ball-handler to even breath? I mean, you go and try and use the pick and you're just stone-walled unless you veer way out and around the big man. Also notice, when you call for a pick one one side of the floor, the computer will just leave someone completely open on the other side, good shooter or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #76
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod

Not to forget these help defenders aren't rewarded with 3 Second Violations as often for standing in the paint so long. I've play only 2 games that as a result of the cpu defenders standing in the paint resulted in technical fouls being called when it happens every game. Absolutely no regard for the NBA rules or officials lol.

To the other poster hedging doesn't play a part in why defenders leave their assignments.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

this happenes to me too. off ball settings set to "play tight", this still happens.

THİS MUST BE ADRESSED WİTH PATCH!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #78
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7

I think it will be patched. I have a lot of issues with the defense especially, but this is one area that a lot of people seem to have the same views on.

I know they are committed to releasing and maintaining a solid product and this is an avenue that would potentially solve a few little problems here and there.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 0

This needs to be Patched. I go to put Charlie Villanueva on Carlos Delfino. Then I switch to an off-ball defender, and all of a sudden Villanueva just walks away and Delfino blasts the 3.

Patch this 2K. I got Play Tight, Deny Ball all those settings on - no way this should be happening.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #80
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

It's frustrating as hell and it's happening when I have the ball as well. For some reason the computer defenders will regularly elect to double the likes of Biedrins as soon as the ball enters the post, totally abandoning one of my three-point shooters. End result: 60% shooting from behind the arc, and not because the shooting percentages are jacked up, but because I'm taking what's being given to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »