Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #41

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

heres the patch for those of you without xbox live, insert it into the cache folder of your HDD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BILOR1LS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
It's like first person shooters. You don't need extensive military knowledge to be successful in a game like Call of Duty. However, you do need military knowledge, whether it be first-hand experience or learning real life military tactics, to be good at a game such as Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Having served in the military, I stay away from games like Call of Duty because I know the game is not meant to be a realistic representation of military tactics. I know I would get bored playing that game because it goes against what I have been taught. However, I love a game like Operation Flashpoint because of its focus on realism.
We have more in common regarding sim that I thought. Except I wasn't actually in the military-- I just ended up being a tactics geek after falling in love with Rainbow Six. Still, there isn't a military shooter to date that's really realistic enough to use realistic tactics consistently in my opinion. Rogue Spear from 10 years ago really started to push some things in terms of damage modelling and the nuances of how movement and injury affect weapon handling, but had a terrible movement model that undermined realistic CQB tactics. Every game after that simplified things drastically in one way or another. I feel like Operation Flashpoint is too cumbersome in how it tries to simulate reality-- it felt like you were trying to drive a soldier as a vehicle rather than actually being one. Something like Dragon Rising felt a lot better, but it didn't have prone and I'm not sure how well it handled damage modelling and ballistics. I wish I could have a game with the following:

Rogue Spear's Damage Modelling (I miss limping from leg shots!)
Battlefield 3's bullet drop.
Battlefield 3's well-animated vaulting and prone systems.
Battlefield 3's destruction.
BF3 or MW3's graphics.
Realistic modelling of vehicles, or getting rid of them altogether.
Rainbow Six Vegas's room clearing AI.
A realistic movement model that hasn't been implemented yet-- though I suppose BF3 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare 2 in single player comes close.
Proper modelling of weapons handling with bullets that come out of the barrel and not distributed in a random cone, taking account nuances of movement and stability.
A first person cover system, a little bit like Call of Juarez.

Anyway, I'm way off topic here.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #43
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

There's no doubts there were changes. The lane is more open, stars are more dominant. Now there seems to be some more in lane animations in air. One bad thing is it dsnt seem they addressed the my player issue where your stats get recorded an every game is your first NBA game announcement.
overall a good job though, plays much better!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #44
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
We have more in common regarding sim that I thought. Except I wasn't actually in the military-- I just ended up being a tactics geek after falling in love with Rainbow Six. Still, there isn't a military shooter to date that's really realistic enough to use realistic tactics consistently in my opinion. Rogue Spear from 10 years ago really started to push some things in terms of damage modelling and the nuances of how movement and injury affect weapon handling, but had a terrible movement model that undermined realistic CQB tactics. Every game after that simplified things drastically in one way or another. I feel like Operation Flashpoint is too cumbersome in how it tries to simulate reality-- it felt like you were trying to drive a soldier as a vehicle rather than actually being one. Something like Dragon Rising felt a lot better, but it didn't have prone and I'm not sure how well it handled damage modelling and ballistics. I wish I could have a game with the following:

Rogue Spear's Damage Modelling (I miss limping from leg shots!)
Battlefield 3's bullet drop.
Battlefield 3's well-animated vaulting and prone systems.
Battlefield 3's destruction.
BF3 or MW3's graphics.
Realistic modelling of vehicles, or getting rid of them altogether.
Rainbow Six Vegas's room clearing AI.
A realistic movement model that hasn't been implemented yet-- though I suppose BF3 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare 2 in single player comes close.
Proper modelling of weapons handling with bullets that come out of the barrel and not distributed in a random cone, taking account nuances of movement and stability.
A first person cover system, a little bit like Call of Juarez.

Anyway, I'm way off topic here.
LOL, staying off topic, Dragon Rising does have prone. You just have to hold the left stick to go to it. And like you, I also like the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series, although I wish both series would return to their roots.

Getting back on topic, NBA 2K12 at this point, to me, is like a Lamborghini without a steering wheel. Yeah, it's nice to look at and it definitely looks better than your last year, but then you get in the driving seat with the "WTF?" look on your face. You were better off staying in your Hyundai (I drive a Hyundai by the way, so no, I'm not joking Hyundai owners).

Now, if the Lambo manufacturers can add the steering wheel, then it's goodbye for good Hyundai, hello Rodeo Drive!

That's how I feel about 2K12 at the moment. Give me that steering wheel, 2K! I have faith in you as an 11-year consumer!

Last edited by Mos1ted; 11-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 4

patch definitely fixed the contested 3 problem. Played online today against a lot of people who like to shoot 3's the whole game and I could definitely see the difference. No more 3 cheesers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 8

Just played two OA games that were both disconnected mid game because "the league was advancing", despite the fact that there was 4 hours left on the clock when we began the first game.

It simmed both games, and of course I lost both sims. This never happened to me before the patch, though I heard it did during actual advancements...which is still stupid if you're mid game, but whatever.

Not surprised that something else breaks while they attempt to tweak other completely unrelated aspects of the game. Seems right in line with 2k and their online performance lately.

Online Association just feels like a massive waste of time right now. I've been active in the league, yet I'm 12-8 with 6 of those losses being simmed. It's just not right.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

online ps3 post patch is playing pretty good. im hearing people say they dont see a difference. what are you guys playing then? three's are toned down. im getting more defensive stops. if you are still getting three's reigned on you post patch then u just have to do a better job on defense. i agree its alot of blocks but if u play smart u can limit them. they still need to patch them. steals are toned down but there are no fouls being called. people online are reaching for steals every play. once they fix the blocks and reaching fouls and hopefully up the difficult setting to superstar sim or hof default/sim. this game online would be great to me. im not having much problems offline cause i just adjust sliders. i wont play myplayer until they fix the trade logic and hopefully this lockout ends tonight
Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

im a basketball player. a true basketball fan. i was a all county point guard in high school. wasnt good enough for a division 1 scholarship or should i say wasnt tall enough lol im only 5'8. but i just be laughing at people posts. you guys must just be weak in this game. im blowing cheesers out. know way im gonna let a person with no basketball knowledge beat me in this game or anygame that just dont make since. this game is moving in the right direction though. i hate when people say nothing has changed. we are not playing the same game then. cause i see a big difference post patch. but people are just bums in this game and cant stand it. im 21-11 online. since post patch im about 8-3. lost to all sim type players. beat all cheesers. if u include stealing passes as cheese then everybody cheese. the game is flawed at passing but then again nba 2k all ways been this way. its just easy to steal passes period. just adjust to the person you are playing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »