Home

This game makes me angrier than any game I have ever played

This is a discussion on This game makes me angrier than any game I have ever played within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
This game makes me angrier than any game I have ever played

Took about a week off from NBA 2K12 to play Skyrim and man, what a joy. Great game. Came back to dust off my My Player (who's in the first round of the playoffs on the Jazz against the Warriors—I played Game 6 with my team up 3-2) and things are just the same in the awful, rotten world of CPU cheese.

A few numbers for you: My player's 3 pt rating: 90. Mid-range: 90. Close range: 85. His Offensive Clutch: 93. His Consistency: 97. Layup: 95. Shoot in Traffic: 85. Speed: 94. Quickness: 99. Offensive Awareness: 92.

His stat line in this series clinching game: 32% from the field, 30% from 3 pt. I couldn't hit the side of a barn door while stupid Marcus Thornton was draining threes directly in my face from three feet past the line with my hand right up his ugly nose. He went 11-18 and shot 40% from distance.

I could keep pulling up stats about how J.J. Hickson was 10-13 and was shaking and baking people all over the place. Same for Andrew Bynum, who was 5-5. What all the numbers can't really tell you, and which I KNOW any number of you know, is how it FEELS when you can tell the CPU isn't going to let you win. Just flat out isn't. And it feels like garbage.

And sure, on any given night, sometimes shots won't be falling for any given player in the real world. But this isn't the real world. This is a video game—it should be better than the real world, and I should damn well better be able to take Hickson off the dribble as a PG with NINETY-NINE QUICKNESS and NINETY-FOUR SPEED. BUT I JUST CAN'T.

Nothing sums it up better than a sequence where Al Jefferson grabbed a rebound and tossed it to me, ahead of everyone on the fast break. I, of course, slow down a few steps and Russell Westbrook (I know, but I'm not getting into trade logic) gets in front of me. I pull up at the key and fake a pass to my left then immediately try to pass it to a streaking Shannon Brown and Trevor Ariza READS MY MIND and grabs it right out of the air. He sends it back to Westbrook who's streaking up-court. Westbrook RUNS DIRECTLY THROUGH PAUL MILSAP and slams it down for the hoop plus the foul.

IT'S COMPLETE AND UTTER GARBAGE AND IT NEEDS TO STOP RIGHT NOW. If 2K is paying attention to this board, just know that I have bought every version of this game since NBA2K on the Dreamcast and have loved every single one and if this scripted nonsense for the CPU when they're down in a series or just whenever the CPU randomly decides it's unstoppable doesn't get fixed in a patch I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER 2K GAME. EVER. PERIOD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: This game makes me angrier than any game I have ever played

I have a feeling 2k hears everything we're saying and are doing the best they can to fix these problems. I'd be surprise if the next patch does fix alot of hear issues...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: This game makes me angrier than any game I have ever played

Thats great and all but we dont need a new thread every time someone gets mad at a videogame

Sorry
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »