Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trailer) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #209
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trai

I decided to venture online for the first time this year so I could try out the Classic Quick Match thing. And man, there are a lot of things I'm looking for out of a video game, but playing against random opponents online is not one of them. I'm not nearly good enough at this game to compensate for people who attempt to take charges with every player over the entire length of the floor. It's like a minefield with the way they seem to randomly pop up on the screen as I'm merely jogging down court. Sometimes it feels like I'm not even hitting them and a charge is still being called.

Further, are steals easier online? Often I couldn't even set up my offense without having my pocket cleanly picked repeatedly. Even in a protected dribble, the opponent pressing the steal button would often initiate the "reach-around" steal animation. I felt like I had to be constantly moving like a cockroach in order to avoid an on-ball turnover.

Moreover, when playing the '98 Bulls, is there any way to stop a player who does the spin move to dunk, layup, or jumpshot? My opponent seemed to be able to parlay this move into a dunk or layup whenever they saw fit.

Online Classic Quick Play is a terribly frustrating experience for me. All I wanted to try to do was to meet some achievement goals then never play again. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I could stomach however long it'd take for me to win 5 consecutive ranked matches (one of the achievements).

Small additional setback for me: using the classic teams online isn't as neat due to all the generic shoes and plain accessories. That makes a difference to me. Everything feels a little more sterile.

Last edited by VDusen04; 12-02-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #210
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trai

I've read through this thread but I'm still unclear on a couple of things:

1. Can you use the additional legends in this DLC (the ones not previously in the game, like Bob Lanier, Wes Unseld, etc.) in a regular game mode, specifically incorporate them in a season (like putting them in the free agent list and assigning them to teams)?

2. Can the throwback unis in this DLC be somehow added into your selection for a regular exhibition or season mode with current teams?

3. I'm not interested in blacktop, horse and all that stuff, but I'd like to have those new legends to use in regular play, with or against current players. Can they simply be downloaded on 2k share instead of having to purchase the DLC?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 12-02-2011, 04:02 AM   #211
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky

1. Can you use the additional legends in this DLC (the ones not previously in the game, like Bob Lanier, Wes Unseld, etc.) in a regular game mode, specifically incorporate them in a season (like putting them in the free agent list and assigning them to teams)?

2. Can the throwback unis in this DLC be somehow added into your selection for a regular exhibition or season mode with current teams?

3. I'm not interested in blacktop, horse and all that stuff, but I'd like to have those new legends to use in regular play, with or against current players. Can they simply be downloaded on 2k share instead of having to purchase the DLC?

1. Yes.

2. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I have the DLC Legends with their throwback unis, but can't play a game with them because it freezes when I try to play even a Quick Game. I'm trying to combine the two early 90s Suns teams (90 Suns w/ KJ and Chambers, and the 93 Suns w/ Majerle and Ceballos) from a file I downloaded from 2K Share, but it won't let me combine them into one team. The file I dl'd has all the Legends from the DLC on their respective teams, but the rest of the roster on each team is not filled out, i.e. KJ and Chambers are the only two players on the 90 Suns team. I'm trying to put Majerle and Ceballos, along with Jeff Hornacek from the 98 Jazz, on the 90 Suns, but I keep getting an error that says "You must have 12 players on this team".

Um, ya think? That's what I'm trying to do.

So, I'm trying to see if there's a way around this along with the freezing problem.

3. You have to purchase the DLC or the DLC Legends will be headless. Once you purchase the DLC, you can download the DLC Legends off of 2K Share without beating the new modes and the players will look normal.

- Michael Jordan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 05:01 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Showcase DLC Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (New Trai

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyHard
i understand why nobody answer me back on my problem.

North American 2K12 + European DLC =

so i have to buy a second time the DLC!!!

thanks you 2k!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this for sure for I have exactly the same problem (US 2k12 + i live in Switzerland)?

Anyone has a solution ?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #213
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky

There are threads on this in the roster forum if you are interested. For BOTH systems btw.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 1

My Warriors (Run TMC) and 01 Kings have disappeared when I got the DLC.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #215
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I am going to set up an all random 3 on 3 legend tournament. Can't wait for the crazy teams that will be assembled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #216
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I am going to set up an all random 3 on 3 legend tournament. Can't wait for the crazy teams that will be assembled.
How are you going to do that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »