Home

NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #817
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean
You just don't get it, do you? Come on man, it's not space science.

The A.I. should adjust its defence, like in real life, when a player is on a hot streak or when he is consistently scoring 25, 30 points. You don't HAVE to score 50 points with one player to make this problem appear. The A.I. D should be adjusting when you have scored 30 points!!! Or shouldn't we attempt to score 30 points with one player in order to play "team" basketaball?

Unbelievable what some people will do to defend the game... Unbelievable...
Its obvious you didn't read my post. I have yet to experience it because I have never played the way Nogster had explained and I'm sure Nogster was just experimenting when he was posting his experience.

My comment is for those that actually play that way meaning scoring 100pts with one player. Again I will never experience what you guys have because I spread the ball around so much. Have I've seen doubles? Yes. Do others have issues with doubles? Yes. Do I feel there going overboard with the double team? Yes and no. Nogster I feel gave an example of what happens and I don't think he plays that way. I have a problem when some actually plays that way and then come on here screaming that the game is broken when in fact there playing style is the issue imo.

Nogster I hope you understand my take and it is in no way taking a shot at your post because what you stated happens because others have experienced it.

It's not about defending a game. For me its about having a cool conversation about mine/others gaming experience and finding ways to make it better if possible. Nothin more nothing less.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 01-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #818
DLG
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.04 Available Now - Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Addressed issue where Created Players are assigned Cold Zones for all shot locations. This change applies for all generated players in Association/My Player modes as well.

--

This is apart of the patch notes, but it didnt get fixed so I think you guys can figure out what my impression of this patch is ..
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #819
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I see both sides of the double-team argument. I will say in the games I've played, I have seen double-teams. In fact, yesterday I was playing the Pacers-Heat game in NBA Today and was controlling the Heat. I caught fire with LeBron in the 2nd quarter and after I rattled off 4 straight baskets, Indiana began to double James as soon as I crossed half court. Very happy to see that.

The doubles in the post do happen, but it's very rare, that is true. I scored 36 points with Patrick Ewing last night against the Magic (still lost the game) and didn't notice the Magic making a real effort to double-team ... there was some movement towards Ewing, but not a true double.

However, I will say, having watched highlights of the Pacers-Heat game, I didn't notice a lot of double-teams in that game. LeBron spent a lot of time in the post and Indiana rarely sent a second defender towards James while he was in the post, so perhaps 2K is on to something.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #820
b**-r*y

tehova's Arena

OVR: 18

I remember when somebody brought it to DaCzar's attention that they werent being double teammed, so i went in just to see how bad it was...I scored 105 with Marc Gasol, they didnt double team once and i fouled out all 3 center's on their roster.

So yea if you wanted to indeed score every time, the AI would have no problem obliging
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #821
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Its obvious you didn't read my post. I have yet to experience it because I have never played the way Nogster had explained and I'm sure Nogster was just experimenting when he was posting his experience.

My comment is for those that actually play that way meaning scoring 100pts with one player. Again I will never experience what you guys have because I spread the ball around so much. Have I've seen doubles? Yes. Do others have issues with doubles? Yes. Do I feel there going overboard with the double team? Yes and no. Nogster I feel gave an example of what happens and I don't think he plays that way. I have a problem when some actually plays that way and then come on here screaming that the game is broken when in fact there playing style is the issue imo.

Nogster I hope you understand my take and it is in no way taking a shot at your post because what you stated happens because others have experienced it.

It's not about defending a game. For me its about having a cool conversation about mine/others gaming experience and finding ways to make it better if possible. Nothin more nothing less.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
All is cool.

But its not a game style issue. Its a game issue. plain and simple.

The fact that you can use one player to score with over and over [if you are skilled enough with said player] and the cpu will never adjust and force you to look elsewhere for offense is a game issue.
If Kobe and/or Gasol, or Bynnum got injured and you had to utilize one of these guys predominantly you would notice this issue rear its ugly head. as you would more than likely utilize that one player far more and notice no cpu adjustment to force you elsewhere.

If you were a Magic fan, Im certain you would be frustrated by this issue. as there is no inside outside game.
What if you were a 94 ROCKETS fan. That team was built completely around one player. he would recieve the ball in ISO's or the post in every half court play. The whole gameplan revolved around the fact that he cant be guarded one on one. It would annoy you no end witnessing Olajuwon not getting doubled.

Go on. use Bynum as the focal point of your offense. get him the ball in the low post and let him back down till he is in position to score. you wouldnt need to use any other player. Dont you think that is poor?

I mean, When you play the cpu and they repeatedly and successfully score with one player or you are found in a defensive mismatch, I bet you double down and force the ball out of that players hands.
Well I expect the same from the CPU D, and it simply doesnt happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #822
MVP

OVR: 26

Also. Its not just a post issue. Its also an ISO issue.
I noticed it when I played with the 01 raptors in my superleague roster and Carter was dominating without the cpu adjusting. I had 37pts at half time. [I wasnt trying to only score with him. just simply playing the right way with that team] The cpu just wouldnt double or trap him. I started Iso'ing him. leaving his defender 1 on 1, on an island against a HOT offensive powerhouse. Triple threat, jab step, jumper, or pullup, or post then fade. No double. no defensive counter. I quit the game with Carter on 54pts due to frustration. I didnt understand why the CPU wasnt adjusting. started thinking it was my rosters issue. tested and discovered it wasnt.

Once I discovered this flaw is prevelant and there is NOTHING I can do about it, AFTER spending hours and hours and hours, days and days, weeks creating and editing my superleague roster. every free moment of my long service leave spent on this damn Roster. Not happy. I feel like I have wasted my hard earned holidays because I cant bring myself to play this damn game now.

Last edited by nogster; 01-05-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #823
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
Also. Its not just a post issue. Its also an ISO issue.
I noticed it when I played with the 01 raptors in my superleague roster and Carter was dominating without the cpu adjusting. I had 37pts at half time. [I wasnt trying to only score with him. just simply playing the right way with that team] The cpu just wouldnt double or trap him. I started Iso'ing him. leaving his defender 1 on 1, on an island against a HOT offensive powerhouse. Triple threat, jab step, jumper, or pullup, or post then fade. No double. no defensive counter. I quit the game with Carter on 54pts due to frustration. I didnt understand why the CPU wasnt adjusting. started thinking it was my rosters issue. tested and discovered it wasnt.

Once I discovered this flaw is prevelant and there is NOTHING I can do about it, AFTER spending hours and hours and hours, days and days, weeks creating and editing my superleague roster. every free moment of my long service leave spent on this damn Roster. Not happy. I feel like I have wasted my hard earned holidays because I cant bring myself to play this damn game now.
I feel you, Nogster, and it's a shame you can't enjoy the game because of this glaring issue. I don't get how this was left out when 2K11 had double teams PERFECT. MKHarsh is updating 2K11 with current-day rosters, so that is an option for you. Of course, the Wizards' uniforms/court will be wrong, but at least you'd have your double teams!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #824
Banned

OVR: 6

Gameplay over cosmetics. Will these updated 2K11 rosters be available for PS3 ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »