Home

Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

This is a discussion on Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #9
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

Yo Sovartus i know you got game on 2k man. I struggled with beating Hall of Fame on sim for months but is doable. The 50 things you listed out early really helped me improve my play.

I think i can help with beating Cpu on hall of fame for you. They key is in team building, specific lineups used in beginning / middle / end of quarters, and plays used in realtion to the players you have. I will post you the lineup of the team i used in a bit.

Hang in there bro, beating hall of fame sim is really really rewarding.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Banned

rosque's Arena

I can beat it. I jusr un the play and not forcing it. I have Nash averaging 12 points and 20 assists, Morris has 22 points, 9.5 rebounds and Beasley has 26 points and 8 rebounds and McGee has 22-26 points(can't remember) and 9 rebounds. It's all about playing like a team.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Rosque my man got any go to plays you wanna share ? And how do you run your defense bro ? And how do you average that many dimes with Nash ? I wanna learn, do share. And how do score that much with mcGee ?

I can beat hall of fame too but I got my dirk averaging 34PPG these days and no one else on my team close to 20. I beat CPU with defense, I would love to learn how to score with multiple 20 point scorers like you, thx thx

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 01-29-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
Banned

rosque's Arena

For starters I use this set of sliders and roster -> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-overhaul.html
I use plays that are predermined by slimm.. A lot of pick and rolls, pick and shoot(with a pick man, don't know how to call it).. I consider my self as a master of post play, and Morris and McGee get in a lot of deep post positions, so I either shoot a hook(McGee and Morris)/fadeaway(only with Morris and Beasley) or I do a little Dream Shake. If I get my videos on YT I'll post it here when I do some cool post moves. I also do a lot of pick and oop with McGee and Nash. It's practically a lob city in PHX . I play on-ball defense. Nothing more, nothing less. Also fastbreaks, I always have one player isolate in corner 3 and 1 player cut to the basket so I rpactically have 3 options, go alone to the hoop with Nash or oop it to or just make it splash from corner
Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
For starters I use this set of sliders and roster -> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-overhaul.html
I use plays that are predermined by slimm.. A lot of pick and rolls, pick and shoot(with a pick man, don't know how to call it).. I consider my self as a master of post play, and Morris and McGee get in a lot of deep post positions, so I either shoot a hook(McGee and Morris)/fadeaway(only with Morris and Beasley) or I do a little Dream Shake. If I get my videos on YT I'll post it here when I do some cool post moves. I also do a lot of pick and oop with McGee and Nash. It's practically a lob city in PHX . I play on-ball defense. Nothing more, nothing less. Also fastbreaks, I always have one player isolate in corner 3 and 1 player cut to the basket so I rpactically have 3 options, go alone to the hoop with Nash or oop it to or just make it splash from corner
They are talking about playing without slider, tendency, or player adjustments. Strictly default my man!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, its all about taking it one step at a time. When you feeling that PRO difficulty is just 2 boring for you, go for all-star. When it happens the same there go to superstar and eventually HOF. I dont think there is a specific strategy that gonna make you beat cpu @ hall of fame.

Well, if i was about to name 1, its the defense. You have to learn to play locked D. Keeping the opponent OUT OF THE PAINT (especially in HOF cpu will always attack the basket MORE THAN OFTEN). Always, have your player in front of the attacker and put a hand in his face while shooting !

Im in the middle of a season (58games) with hawks having 24-16 in HOF simulation. Its feeling pretty good beating the cpu @ the highest level especially when u control a "weaker" team like hawks against heat, lakers etc.

Im saying it again. one step at a time. Dont go from all-star straight away to HOF you will regret it. Dominate all-star superstar and when it's getting boring @ these levels, then ur ready for HOF.

cheers
Old 01-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
Banned

rosque's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
They are talking about playing without slider, tendency, or player adjustments. Strictly default my man!
I had one association with my brother. I was Lakers and he was Clippers. I had record 12-2(14 games season) HOF, simulation sliders and 2K's roster. Kobe was averaging 33 ppg, 8 apg, 6 rpg. My starting 5 was Bosh, J-Smoove, Kirilenko, Kobe, Arenas. I know, not realistic at all, but when he traded CP3 for Melo I had to do sth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiondrmr
Well, its all about taking it one step at a time. When you feeling that PRO difficulty is just 2 boring for you, go for all-star. When it happens the same there go to superstar and eventually HOF. I dont think there is a specific strategy that gonna make you beat cpu @ hall of fame.

Well, if i was about to name 1, its the defense. You have to learn to play locked D. Keeping the opponent OUT OF THE PAINT (especially in HOF cpu will always attack the basket MORE THAN OFTEN). Always, have your player in front of the attacker and put a hand in his face while shooting !

Im in the middle of a season (58games) with hawks having 24-16 in HOF simulation. Its feeling pretty good beating the cpu @ the highest level especially when u control a "weaker" team like hawks against heat, lakers etc.

Im saying it again. one step at a time. Dont go from all-star straight away to HOF you will regret it. Dominate all-star superstar and when it's getting boring @ these levels, then ur ready for HOF.

cheers
What are your tips and strategies for keeping the CPU out of the paint? I have several but none of them have proven to be consistently effective. OTF Defensive settings, mastering on ball defense, coaching sliders, manual icon double teaming, and zones don't seem to do the trick. What do you do? they seem to get a lot of PIP no matter what I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »