Home

Top 5 SFs of all time

This is a discussion on Top 5 SFs of all time within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Top 5 SFs of all time

Lebron will not be one of the best SFs of all time until he wins that ring in my book. And before all the Lebron brown nosers start putting their two sense in, I just dislike him for what he did with the decision, and the fact that he did the decision in the middle of Knicks country in Greenwich, and crushed all those kids' hearts, including some people I knew who are die hard knicks fans who were in attendance. It just wasn't right and the fact that he went to the Heat, the Heat, the f-ing heat is just not right because the knicks hate the heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Don't waste your breath arguing with them. Pointless to because people are going to hate on lebron no matter what.

Some ppl point to his lack of rings , but u don't get rings without a team. Has nothing to do with how good you are as an individual. That's what the MVP trophy is for, u know the one that should just have lebron's name engraves into it

Others say he isn't clutch. His clutch shot % is the highest in the NBA over the past 10 years

Others say he sucks because of "the decision" which makes no sense. And that wasn't half as ba as what Dwight Howard is Doing in orlando... I dot see anyone arguing that he isn't the best c in the game right now

Long story short. Lebron haters will be lebron haters
Old 05-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonsDaBest
I think Paul Pierce will be a top 10 SF when he retires, maybe even a top 5. For career totals, I think he is top 25 in most or every major statistical category, and he isn't done yet. Just my 2 cents, though.
I was about to post asking why no mention for Pierce... As a Laker fan, I fully agree with this. Pierce will be in the majority top 5 when he retires no doubt. I already have him in mine...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Don't waste your breath arguing with them. Pointless to because people are going to hate on lebron no matter what.

Some ppl point to his lack of rings , but u don't get rings without a team. Has nothing to do with how good you are as an individual. That's what the MVP trophy is for, u know the one that should just have lebron's name engraves into it

Others say he isn't clutch. His clutch shot % is the highest in the NBA over the past 10 years

Others say he sucks because of "the decision" which makes no sense. And that wasn't half as ba as what Dwight Howard is Doing in orlando... I dot see anyone arguing that he isn't the best c in the game right now

Long story short. Lebron haters will be lebron haters
I don't like LeBron, never have, never will, I still though do have some respect for his level of play as he is a great baller. I didn't like the decision either not because he didn't come to the Knicks, I honestly didn't want him either. As for what Dwight Howard is doing, i have lost much respect for him. As much as I hate Lebron, he is a lock for top 5 SF of all time. until a new SF comes and bumps him out but between current and past SF's, he is a lock.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #21
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

First, I'd like to state I do not like Lebron James, but the man has talent. Granted, he won't be on any "best whatever of all-time" lists until he can prove his critics wrong and win rings (not just one, but at least 2).

I would still put him in the top 5. I think Pippen is a great player, but not top 5 calibur. Lebron took the Cavs to the finals, Pippen didn't take the Bulls.

My list would probably have Bird, Worthy, Erving, Pierce, Baylor James and some other people on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
First, I'd like to state I do not like Lebron James, but the man has talent. Granted, he won't be on any "best whatever of all-time" lists until he can prove his critics wrong and win rings (not just one, but at least 2).

I would still put him in the top 5. I think Pippen is a great player, but not top 5 calibur. Lebron took the Cavs to the finals, Pippen didn't take the Bulls.

My list would probably have Bird, Worthy, Erving, Pierce, Baylor James and some other people on it.
My top 5
LeBron
Bird
Pippen
Pierce
Durant (The way LeBron is playing, Durant will be #1 in a few years)
Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #23
Banned

tlew09's Arena

OVR: 0
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uriXFGPx_3A
Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #24
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget

Makes me laugh when people say 'Lebron took the Cavs to the finals' - I didn't realise Lebron played 1 on 5 basketball......no one person has ever taken a team to the finals, it's a team effort.

I hate Lebron with a passion, I really do, but I can't deny his talent. That said, I hope the Pacers squash the Heat in 6 games and keep Lebron from a ring - I want to be able to gloat for as long as possible about the 'big' three and their over inflated ego speeches about winning several rings and 'it's going to be easy' crap.

Sorry, i'm a ***** and i'm not ashamed.

Last edited by daveberg; 05-17-2012 at 04:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »