Home

NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

I hope you can actually cross people up in this. No reason Andrew Bynum should be able to keep up with D Will.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #58
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Preview - Control Stick, Passing and Real-Time Physics Collision System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Ahh. I wish I heard this a month or so ago. If it isn't already In I doubt it would make it at this point. I will check and if I hear and can respond I will edit this post fam.

it's in the wishlist, thanks i really appreciate it, if it doesn't make it i know who to get to float the idea to 1st
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #59
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby803
I hope you can actually cross people up in this. No reason Andrew Bynum should be able to keep up with D Will.
With huge mismatches you can probably just run past him most times. They spent a good amount of time tuning that but I bet there are still a few instances where you get D'up when you shouldn't
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #60
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5
Sounds good. I hope it is good. I'm most excited about the changes to on ball defense. I hated feeling helpless against offensive moves.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #61
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I just want some information on how the shot stick is still going to work with moves being on the right stick.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #62
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
NBA 2K13's new scheme is also much more conceptually intuitive: think of it as controlling your feet with the left stick and your hands with the right, similar to the skate/stick setup in EA Sports' NHL series. In addition, the Control Stick unifies certain previously disparate suites of dribble moves, making them easier to understand and learn. The commands for moves in the post, for example, are now identical to those used when facing up a defender; it's a change that makes sense and makes you wonder why things haven't worked this way until now.
Isn't this the exact same thing Elite tried to pull off? If so and if 2K implements it correctly then this alone will make me fall in love with 2k13. That was the one and only thing that I think Elite did do correctly and it added some fun to that game.

Czar do you know if the ball is live at all times? By this I mean do we really have to pay attention to how we are dribbling the ball in relation to the defender. If so then this will really make dribbling interesting as you would really have to pay attention to how you are dribbling the ball instead of just moving the right stick around hoping to make anything happen. The only time I felt the ball was live in 2k12 was when you are dribbling the ball up court and you are behind your teammate, when you are using the push the ball upcourt animation, and on rebounds.

Last edited by fatleg3; 08-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 49
2k basketball(and football were) devs are incredible. Even after taking out the competition, they don't let up. There is a reason this game is always on top. Thank you 2k! I know with you guys I can just sit back and receive a great game. Can't always be perfect, but you guys continue to work towards perfection,
Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #64
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Isn't this the exact same thing Elite tried to pull off? If so and if 2K implements it correctly then this alone will make me fall in love with 2k13. That was the one and only thing that I think Elite did do correctly and it added some fun to that game.

Czar do you know if the ball is live at all times? By this I mean do we really have to pay attention to how we are dribbling the ball in relation to the defender. If so then this will really make dribbling interesting as you would really have to pay attention to how you are dribbling the ball instead of just moving the right stick around hoping to make anything happen. The only time I felt the ball was live in 2k12 was when you are dribbling the ball up court and you are behind your teammate, when you are using the push the ball upcourt animation, and on rebounds.
Probably not as live as your wanting Fatleg similar to last year you can dribble off the defenders legs or arms but it is not completely live as your wanting it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »