Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Developer Insight #1 - Gameplay: Part 1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Developer Insight #1 - Gameplay: Part 1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #177
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Developer Insight #1 - Gameplay: Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
Why not have the right stick engaged as the "shot stick" by default and hold left trigger to perform the iso moves? We're already used to holding it for iso moves so it makes more sense. Why switch it?

Hopefully you can change this idiotic oversight in the menu.
someone already mentioned that it was an option.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #178
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
Why not have the right stick engaged as the "shot stick" by default and hold left trigger to perform the iso moves? We're already used to holding it for iso moves so it makes more sense. Why switch it?

Hopefully you can change this idiotic oversight in the menu.
They have confirmed you can, but I dont see it idiotic but more realistic, you dribble with one hand (RT) but usually 2 hands (RT + LT) are needed to shoot the rock...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #179
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Good eye, had to watch it quite a few times before noticing Granger sliding nasty in the back.
I think there's still going to be a fair amount of sliding, especially off ball, where the contact is more chaotic and dynamic. We know that 2K promo videos are cherry picked and taken from an angle that minimizes how bad the sliding can look, so I don't think we're really getting true foot planting this year. I do expect on ball defense to at least be considerably more realistic since it's what they focused on, but I think there's still going to be more skating than most of us expected at first.

Given how much sliding there still was in the E3 build, I'm guessing 2K13 will look like a somewhat improved 2K12, but not like an entirely different game. I guess that's good enough for now, and we know the devs are aware of the sliding and are looking for ways to eliminate it completely.

Those of us expecting 2K13 to look step for step like real basketball will probably be dissapointed, but the progress here looks very positive and is something that can be built upon.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

1 thing I havent commented yet that I like is Defensive Shading. If it has improved, it could be a great thing. I had problems keeping players from driving to the paint. Now if I face a guy who I cant stop, I can shade him and go to the baseline or lead him into my teammates.

The thing I am thinking about is whether the CPU will also shade. I would like them to also be able to shade if they have problems stopping the drive.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 0
nba 2k killt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #182
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

They should release the demo earlier.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 5

Beluba- Please tell me you guys tweaked the player models, almost everyones legs looked fat and bulky in 2k12. Kevin Durant did not look realistic last year his legs were entirely too large and in general had to much girth he should be extremely skinny looking.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #184
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsbball10
Beluba- Please tell me you guys tweaked the player models, almost everyones legs looked fat and bulky in 2k12. Kevin Durant did not look realistic last year his legs were entirely too large and in general had to much girth he should be extremely skinny looking.
look at the video, they have been fixed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »