Home

Should 2k make VC purchasable?

This is a discussion on Should 2k make VC purchasable? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Should 2k make VC purchasable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
i fail to see how this is horrible? personally, i wouldn't mind making two my players and have one like a lebron, for instance, coming out in the draft as an already good player. Then have one that i build up. Just because what you don't find fun doesn't necessarily mean it's not fun for others.
Really? You're willing to pay 10-20$ or more just to have a Lebron-like type player which you can get within days if you just put some time into it. I know, not everyone has time obviously, but this just sounds lazy to me. Of course, to each his own.

In the end it's just going to be a player which you created, without all the hype and scenarios. Even if my Myplayer has a 65 overall I'm going to be the MVP. It's all about the skills you learned after playing Nba 2K/MP-mode. So why spend money on it? It's not necessary.

Obviously, we don't know if this is going to be in it.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Why don't we wait and see until we know exactly how they are integrated in the game?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #19
Rookie

Canquain's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Really? You're willing to pay 10-20$ or more just to have a Lebron-like type player which you can get within days if you just put some time into it. I know, not everyone has time obviously, but this just sounds lazy to me. Of course, to each his own.

In the end it's just going to be a player which you created, without all the hype and scenarios. Even if my Myplayer has a 65 overall I'm going to be the MVP. It's all about the skills you learned after playing Nba 2K/MP-mode. So why spend money on it? It's not necessary.

Yea I agree with what your saying because the other guys just want's to drop $50 into making a 90 Overall which then he could just go online with thus ruining the purpose of building your Player up and playing games and etc.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I wouldnt. Mainly because it would take the fun out of building up my player/ If I want to be highly rated, I would do a CAL. The only time I bought a Skill Pack for a game was for MLB the Show a couple years ago.

If you can gain VC from outside the mode, than there wouldnt be a need.

But, I would expect them to maybe make it purchaseable.

I dont think it would take long at all to afford Sig Skills and ratings boosts especially starting around 78 OVR.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #21
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Shh. Don't give 2k any ideas, or they'll end up like their competitors with too much DLC.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin

between school, work, projects, essays etc. yes i don't have time. To pay a bit extra to get something that i would enjoy from the game is worth it. how is that lazy? That's why i would make another my player, which i stated, that when i have time i can build up. Like i said what you find fun, doesn't mean it's fun for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Why don't we wait and see until we know exactly how they are integrated in the game?
Why do i see these comments all the time? this is a forum, it's created for discussion. If we wait and see for everything these forums would be empty.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm in a position currently where I could throw money at VC but it would take away from enjoying the game for what it is... It'd be like starting my career with a 99 overall, pointless.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

if its only for online it would be easy money for 2k for offline i dont think gona work hackers will do the job for free in xbox and pc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »