Home

Does Platform matter?

This is a discussion on Does Platform matter? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
sfx
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does Platform matter?

I currently own a PS3 but it seems like a lot of what's being discussed is for 360 or PC. I live in a Mac universe but thought about setting it up to run PC programs.

Is there a significant difference between platforms that makes it worth the investment? I only really play sports games if that matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does Platform matter?

I've had 2k12 on ps3 and 360. The gameplay and controls is much better on ps3 I've noticed,its just a lot smoother.... But it seems like xbox360 has more animations,players seem heavier on there.. but PS3 is the best experience for sports games especially 2k
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Banned

PC is better in the sense you can have a lot of teams, you can play association with any team of 1991 for example and put the real drafts of every year until 2014. It's amazing.

Consoles are better for online experience I think.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
PC is better in the sense you can have a lot of teams, you can play association with any team of 1991 for example and put the real drafts of every year until 2014. It's amazing.

Consoles are better for online experience I think.
Yes, if you are really into classic teams that are accurate as far as jerseys and cyberfaces then 360 or PC is the way to go as they have the ability to edit more things(hex edit and such). I'm on PS3 and agree with drose_fan the PS3 controls feel better to me.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
sfx
Rookie

Aside from the controls and some roster editing, are there any significant gameplay differences? Does one platform just perform better or get more love in terms of support?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx
Aside from the controls and some roster editing, are there any significant gameplay differences? Does one platform just perform better or get more love in terms of support?
I don't see a major difference in Xbox or PS3, I like them both over PC considering what you're asking.. However since the Xbox vs. PS3 is so close I prefer Xbox.. Simply because of all the hex editing and amazing rosters you can download.. It completely blows what you can do on the PS3 out of the water..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

Probably more cheesers on the PS3 than the Xbox 360 due to Online play being available to everybody, thus keeping it available for extremely casual players. But that's just an assumption of mine, don't take it from me. Though, if I has a better PC, I'd play 2k12's offline modes there more often due to the editing freedom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »