Home

NBA 2K13 Features 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, Use MyPlayer to Team Up with Friends

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Features 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, Use MyPlayer to Team Up with Friends within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #97
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K13 Features 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, Use MyPlayer to Team Up with Frien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
So that is what you got from that?
It's a question lol. The bottom line for me is 3v3 is nothing like 5v5. Defense, offense, etc will not be the same.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #98
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Re: NBA 2K13 Features 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, Use MyPlayer to Team Up with Frien

Quote:
So that is what you got from that? Let me ask you again, if it doesn't matter because you don't know the makeup of your opponent, how does THAT issue change with 5on5? There isn't any real restrictions there either. 3on3 or 5on5, you have the same issue
What did I say in my first post? 3v3 will most likely be PG-SF. It doesn't matter what you believe "real" 3v3 was. In 2K11, most likely it was 3v3 or 4v4 anyways, but the point is their were computer fillers. They played the other 2 or 3 positions. Having 3v3 is going to be iso iso iso like I said before, because of how spaced the court now will be with just 3 people on the court and other things.

Say, invite my two other friends. Lineup is PG-SG-C. These other random dudes might be PG-SG-SF. So, my C will be guarding a SF. The difference with 2K11 is that my C would be most likely guarding a cpu C player and the SF will be guarding a generated cpu SF. I don't know how it will be implenmented, but thats what it's looking like. Basically, all I am saying is 3v3 isn't the same as 5v5 on the offensive or defensive side of the ball period.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #99
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
It's a question lol. The bottom line for me is 3v3 is nothing like 5v5. Defense, offense, etc will not be the same.
It's an insulting question that was assumed rhetorical. 3 does not equal 5. Got it. Does five fix the issue you stated? No.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-19-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #100
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
What did I say in my first post? 3v3 will most likely be PG-SF. It doesn't matter what you believe "real" 3v3 was. In 2K11, most likely it was 3v3 or 4v4 anyways, but the point is their were computer fillers. They played the other 2 or 3 positions. Having 3v3 is going to be iso iso iso like I said before, because of how spaced the court now will be with just 3 people on the court and other things.

Say, invite my two other friends. Lineup is PG-SG-C. These other random dudes might be PG-SG-SF. So, my C will be guarding a SF. The difference with 2K11 is that my C would be most likely guarding a cpu C player and the SF will be guarding a generated cpu SF. I don't know how it will be implenmented, but thats what it's looking like. Basically, all I am saying is 3v3 isn't the same as 5v5 on the offensive or defensive side of the ball period.
And I'm saying you can encounter a player team of PG SG SG SF SF. What do you do about that?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #101
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
It's an insulting question that was assumed rhetorical. 3 does not equal 5. Got it. Does five fix the issue you stated, No.
Ummm, yes, it does. 5v5 will improve the defense and offense and 3v3 will make it very arcadey where it will be mostly iso's all day because of the overly spaced court. Which is my main point. If you don't understand it's nothing really to talk about. 3 human players vs 3 other human players is nowhere near the same as 3 human players and 2 cpus vs 3 other human players and 2 cpus.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #102
Pro

OVR: 2

I think this blacktop 3 on 3 feature is a nice addition and give us a reason to develop our Myplayer. The possibility to showcase and test it online against others is great, definitely the experience can be somehow similar to Mycrew in my view, especially for people who don't care about rankings (as it is my case)...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #103
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Folks are never satisfied. Instead of not putting some form of 'crew' in the game they gave you something (probably while they work out the kinks) but the complaints still flow.

I really wish some dudes went back to the 2k forums and stopped polluting this one -- this is crazy lol
We aren't satisfied because we want Crew, not some rinky-dink 3-on-3 mess.

How is posting about Crew in a related thread polluting? The only pollution I see is people telling others what to think.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can someone PLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEE tell me if this means myplayer will be co-op. As in will we be able to play my player mode offline in a 2-player scenario? I'm confused by the 'MY PLAYER TO TEAM UP WITH FREINDS' reference

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »