Home

Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #4329
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K13 MyCareer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
I would leave since you're a PG Jazz need a young guard badly and you have a lot of bigs that can get you easy assists there

If you don't want them i guess you have teams like Miami , Hornets ect
Good idea i think i will go to the Jazz.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #4330
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by James752
Good idea i think i will go to the Jazz.
Good choice. Nice post players. Paul Millsap is likely to leave via free agency but that frees up time for Favors who is athletically superior...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #4331
Rookie

OVR: 7

I really struggle away from the ball (or even off the dribble) with my 2-guard.

Any ideas on what to search for to help with understanding these systems.

Away from the ball I'll try to run my play route, but get notoriously interfered with by constant bumping animations that lock down my player (I can't actually push L-stick away from the opponent to break out of it either).

It seems like excessive use of Turbo can contribute to it, but I have no idea how to run my routes that take me through the key without spending 5-10 seconds dealing with bumping animations.

I need practice, but unfortunately the practice mode for MyCareer is a bit lacking.

The situation is aggravated tenfold because I seem incapable of providing the same bumping animations on defense, allowing the opposing player to seemingly proceed down to the key at will. Occasionally I may bump him around, more often than not I just move into even worse position. So frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #4332
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblack228
That's awesome. I still can't believe that trade was made. Not because you arent better, just cuz Kobe would likely never be traded.

Also that's another negative thing with this vc implementation. A player making $30M+ gets traded for a player who isn't making anything close to that...oan, who starts at the 2 now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Plus, shouldn't Kobe have a no trade clause anyway?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #4333
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

I'm having a great time as an All-Around SG for the Raptors. My team can be deadly when they want, with a starting 5 of Calderon, Me, DeRozan, Bargnani, and Horford. WE traded Lowry to ATL for Al Horford and he's been a difference maker.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 AM   #4334
Training Camp Warrior

RustyRocket56's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu

Away from the ball I'll try to run my play route, but get notoriously interfered with by constant bumping animations that lock down my player (I can't actually push L-stick away from the opponent to break out of it either).

It seems like excessive use of Turbo can contribute to it, but I have no idea how to run my routes that take me through the key without spending 5-10 seconds dealing with bumping animations.

I need practice, but unfortunately the practice mode for MyCareer is a bit lacking.

The situation is aggravated tenfold because I seem incapable of providing the same bumping animations on defense, allowing the opposing player to seemingly proceed down to the key at will. Occasionally I may bump him around, more often than not I just move into even worse position. So frustrating
I have same problem but using RS(XBOX) you can easily maneuver around people, if you need help you can try the training camp in the main menu which sheds light on some of the off-ball controls that helps you get around on the court.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #4335
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu

Haven't done it, but you might want to try Legends drill with Jerry West. He goes over off-ball movement, worth a shot at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #4336
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9

I thumped the rookie showcase lowered down to being the 17th overall draft pick from the Mavs.

1st season I ended up with: 23.3 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 10.1 APG, 1.1 Steals, 0.4 BPG

I got rewarded with the Rookie of the Year and I was well on trying to get to the finals... I got 4-2 loss from the Lakers, Kobe shoots like 40 every game, (except when I guard him, which coach never likes or the game never likes. He only went 5 pts in game 4.)

2nd season now (7 games in), I wanted to focus on my rebounding, so I ended up with:

26.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 8.3 APG, 1.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG

I'm happy that I amped up my defense, I also got to pick what free agents I wanted so I picked the 5... only 1 got picked and which was Greg Oden. For some reason he plays extremely well on D like no other, he contained howard to 8pts and he gets like 10-12 rebounds almost every game.

We're 5-2 right now... and detroit pistons are 1st in NBA lol..

By the way does anyone know how to get the star status? I've been playing for like 2 seasons and I never got it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »