Home

Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest?

This is a discussion on Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Anybody else played the 3 PT/Dunk contest?

3 pt contest is fine. You guys are not understanding that there is a fluidity to it and if you don't follow it, you'll find your player not responding.

Is it the best design decision? Maybe not. But, I'm perfectly fine with it because it really doesn't take much to just get into a flow.

Right Trigger. Shoot. Right Trigger. Shoot. Just keep it going.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchui1028
Please read my above post in this thread.

Like I mentioned You have to get into a rhythm to shoot well and fast.
Most player release point ARE NOT AT THE HIGHEST BUT CLOSE TO THE MIDDLE WHERE HE AIMS AT THE RIM.
Click button to pick up ball immediately after the ball release.
Keep the rhythm going.

It's amazing that when I get into the zone of pressing release button and ball button, I can close my eyes and know that ball after ball will go in, just like real nba players doing the contest.

I'm sure most people would like the same ol feel control in 2k11 but that's when I can use Shaq to win the perfect score on a 3 point contest LOL NO THANKS! Players do get tired and their rhythm get messed up, I think the 3 point contest this year is spot-on.
I read your post before posting, and it has nothing to do with what I'm saying. I read about the rhythm thing the first time I tried the mode. I understand that. Hell, I scored 20 with Westbrook of all people my 2nd time out just by keeping my shots consistent. What I'm saying is that sometimes when you press square, even if you're keeping in rhythm, the animation either doesn't play out or is very delayed for some reason. Not sure if it's just my problem, but it does keep happening.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
For the person that says once you've completed all the dunks it gets repetitive, if you've completed all of the dunks already you have a lot of time on your hands lol. Just scrolling down on the list there were a lot of dunks to choose from.

If you control all 4 contestants, (which I did) all of the dunks go by pretty quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »