Home

blocks and no contact being called fouls

This is a discussion on blocks and no contact being called fouls within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
blocks and no contact being called fouls

This is really starting to bug me. I was just playing a game online against a Heat cheeser. I played as the Lakers because thats my squad, but I run a legit offense so dont call me a cheeser

Anyways its the 3rd quarter and he's up by 2 points because he just keeps passing the ball in the paint and even though Dwight and Pau and Metta are there, he still can score easily because of the pro settings.

But he goes up for a hook shot with bosh, Pau blocks the **** out of it. And guess what happens? Its called a foul. There was NO body contact and Pau hand didnt even go through the ball and hit his hand, Pau's hand hit the ball then went back. And this was a HUGE possesion because I ended up losing by 1 point.

This has been happening ever since 2k13 has been released. Fouls being called when there is no contact whatsoever!

FOR ****S SAKE 2K, FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: blocks and no contact being called fouls

FOULS, FOULS, FOULS!

The way 2K did fouls this year is terrible!

Most fouls are canned animations regardless if there is contact with the shooter.

I see so many clean blocks called a foul or defenders is standing with the aggressive button playing defense and the canned animation happens and the defender jumps up into the shooter.

When the CPU wants to score and you play good defense you get fouls called.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Banned

No surprise.

It's already conclusive that contact/blocks are broke this year.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
MVP

Yep, i've noticed the same problem. Even with shooting foul sliders turned down for me and the computer. Definitely needs to be addressed. I knew i wasn't the only one who noticed this.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
Banned

1. Fouls are drawn rarely/at the wrong times (aka when they aren't supposed to be called, and they aren't drawn when they're supposed to).

2. Contact in general. Too much morphing/ghost players/non-solid object ball/etc.

3. Forcefields. You get a forcefield-like sensation when you're trying to defend/body down players resulting in points they shouldn't making and contact being detracted from the shot.

4. Players ignoring defenders presence causing easier shots. I don't know why this occurs.

Like I said, contact/blocking plain doesn't work this year. Please tell me 2k didn't do this on purpose to appeal to the casuals. Because if so that was a completely bad idea. This seems more like an arcade game now.

Please 2k, just patch the game already. You should be more than aware of all the issues by now. Yall ruined what could have potentially been a revolutionary game. "Best sports game ever invented" my foot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Banned

Also, the animations this year are terrible. Too many animations.

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if there weren't really bad ones like the new right stick defense mechanism animation, and when you're running towards defenders while trying to block a shot and your body just dives in midair. Then you get stuck in the animation/your player recovering for excess amounts of time.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Just started!

The way 2K did fouls this year is terrible!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

When a patch comes out, I want to see them make it more difficult to score from mid/3pt/under the rim and make it so that more fouls are called, because to be honest there aren't enough. If a player shoots 5FTs in one game on 5 minute quarters, it's basically equivalent to like...20 FTs in real life. Foul calls need to go up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »