Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update, Details Included (1-12-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update, Details Included (1-12-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update, Details Included (1-12-13)

Okay I know the Knicks are hated around here but Tyson Chandler being 77 overall is comical

To put it in perspective, where Chandler is sitting right now:

Kaman - 76
Pekovik - 76
Hickson - 76
Chandler - 77
Okafor - 78

dudes who have no business being rated higher than Chandler
Munroe - 79
Gortat - 81
Cousins - 82

Chandler is sitting at 68 offense 88 defense

How can you not give the guy credit averaging 12ppg while maintaing a 67+% FG in back to back seasons?

and 88 of defense for the reigning DPotY?

give the dude some credit increase his layup/dunk since that's all he does offensively and at such an efficient rate, so I don't sound like a complete homer you can decrease Amar'e until he

and while I'm at it give JR Smith some more sig skills imo he should get highlight film + shot creator since when Melo is out he is our defacto iso player

and give Melo something too he's the only superstar with only 4 skills

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
Okay I know the Knicks are hated around here but Tyson Chandler being 77 overall is comical

To put it in perspective, where Chandler is sitting right now:

Chandler - 77

dudes who have no business being rated higher than Chandler
Monroe - 79
Gortat - 81
Cousins - 82

Chandler is sitting at 68 offense 88 defense
Sigh Knick fanboy alert.

Cousins has a higher overall because he's better offensively. He can shoot 18 feeters, he has a great post game. His PER is 20.93, Chandlers PER is 21.65. I'm not saying Chandler is bad but I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why Cousins has a higher overall. Also: DO NOT LOOK OR CARE ABOUT AN OVERALL RATING. It doesn't mean jack. Cousins isn't a bad player either, if he got his #### together he would be beasting. He just needs a team and coach like the Spurs/Celtics to set him straight.

Anyways you are just a fanboy trying to get him upgraded. You realize if Chandler could shoot properly from the outside he would be a 82 as well? Yes he has the best FG% in the league but he shares the ball, dunks on alley oops or when no one is in his way. Smart and easy baskets, doesn't botch up shots.

Take a look how many (actually: how little) shots he takes a game, he is averaging around 6 attemps.

If you don't like the ratings, adjust them yourself.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Sigh Knick fanboy alert.

Cousins has a higher overall because he's better offensively. He can shoot 18 feeters, he has a great post game. His PER is 20.93, Chandlers PER is 21.65. I'm not saying Chandler is bad but I'm pretty sure that's a big reason why Cousins has a higher overall. Also: DO NOT LOOK OR CARE ABOUT AN OVERALL RATING. It doesn't mean jack. Cousins isn't a bad player either, if he got his #### together he would be beasting. He just needs a team and coach like the Spurs/Celtics to set him straight.

Anyways you are just a fanboy trying to get him upgraded. You realize if Chandler could shoot properly from the outside he would be a 82 as well? Yes he has the best FG% in the league but he shares the ball, dunks on alley oops or when no one is in his way. Smart and easy baskets, doesn't botch up shots.

Take a look how many (actually: how little) shots he takes a game, he is averaging around 6 attemps.

If you don't like the ratings, adjust them yourself.
that'd be useless, I only play online
Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #44
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
After watching the Heat game, it's clear that Batum needs a speed increase as well. 78 doesn't do justice to a player known for his speed and athleticism, and in fact all players not named LeBron James who possess the Chasedown Artist signature skill are pretty disrespected in this area (only Thaddeus Young is above 80 [82] speed out of the group... how is Tayshaun Prince going to get close enough to even trigger the skill with a 67 speed?)

On one head-to-head full court sprint vs. LeBron James, Batum started dribbling with LeBron a couple steps ahead of him (but backpedaling), ran past as James turned and maintained his lead (and his dribble) even as James tried to make contact from behind to slow Batum down. He out-accelerated James and Wade multiple times, and appeared to be quite easily faster, with or without the ball, than both players, who have 94 and 93 speed ratings respectively.

Just so starlovers don't think I'm the most deranged Blazer homer yet - Speed "Affects how fast the player can run at full sprint." I'm not talking about quickness, strength, hustle, ballhandling, or general quality/consistent play/effort, just straight-line speed.

Batum gets most of his chasedowns with short, measured steps - he rarely unleashes his full stride, and that's still faster than the majority of NBA players. When he really accelerates, as he did on Thursday a couple times, I would be surprised to see a faster player.

I'll suggest that he deserves a 90 speed rating (both James and Wade should be decreased, one point higher than the faster of the pair would be the 'fair' rating), and since there are no Draft combine numbers to either support or deny this increase, I'll ask that if anyone doesn't agree with this assessment, please provide video evidence of someone under a 90 speed rating beating Batum up court with both players giving relatively full effort. I can provide plenty of video evidence to support him being faster than players with 90+ speed.

This goes for all roster editors. Speed is often ignored or underexamined as there is a lack of data for some players, and combine numbers often don't make sense after a few years in the league, especially for players who weren't done growing or 'filling out'/have had multiple leg injuries/added or reduced weight to suit team or personal needs/aged noticeably in recent seasons. Some players just don't ever give maximum effort or are markedly slower with the ball, and I don't think that ballhandling rating as currently implemented/defined has anything to do with speed while dribbling, so there should be a separate rating for that in the future. (Like Batum, there are plenty of players that don't break ankles but are very fast/smooth with the ball in a straight line, while others dribble awkwardly in any situation.)

Hustle rating may not always cover general effort properly either. It's often the slowest players busting their butt to get up court (not out of a desire to hustle madly, but rather out of necessity - as in just to keep their job), while a player who is very fast often appears to be moving quite casually most of the time. While I know how fast Batum is when the situation calls for it, nothing drives me crazier than the sight of an AI controlled version of him with 95 speed (I've tried rating him that high, it felt like cheating) sprinting past everybody every time down court even when I'm walking it up with Lillard. On most possessions, each player expends the minimum amount of effort getting into the halfcourt set, and then increases their effort only as the play/situation demands it, especially starters/6th men who log heavy minutes.

I know that the Chasedown sig is meant to represent that situational use of speed in Batum's case, but I remain firm in my assertion that use =/= ability and that the rating must reflect the latter.

Yes Batum is in fact faster than LeBron (video evidence below)

See 1:23, 3:03 are specific instances when he beats LeBron up court

and 2:16 is another great example of his speed/quickness

also look at 3:40... look how fantastic LeBron's off-ball defense is -_-

Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Yes Batum is in fact faster than LeBron (video evidence below)

See 1:23, 3:03 are specific instances when he beats LeBron up court

and 2:16 is another great example of his speed/quickness

also look at 3:40... look how fantastic LeBron's off-ball defense is -_-

That is hilarious because Lebron was running behind him because he wanted to make the basketball explode on the backboard with his vicious patented come from behind swat, not because he's slower...
And I can't stand Lebron.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #46
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoryware
That is hilarious because Lebron was running behind him because he wanted to make the basketball explode on the backboard with his vicious patented come from behind swat, not because he's slower...
And I can't stand Lebron.
His speed is equal to or greater than LeBron's. Look at the initial burst, and not the end of the play.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #47
Rookie

2K FULL OF ****, HOWARD IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW BUT IM GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT FOR WEEKS TO PLAY ONLINE, ALSO EARL CLARK NEEDS A BUMP TO 70 AT LEAST 75 IF WE BEING REAL HERE, **** 2K
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Chandler is underrated? His offensive game involves catching oops,hustle points which means he is dependent on a PG setting him up. Have you ever seen Chandler actually get in the post and perform post moves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »