Home

Motion Capture Next Week - What Dunks Do You Want in NBA 2K14?

This is a discussion on Motion Capture Next Week - What Dunks Do You Want in NBA 2K14? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
we should have the dunk packages back. hey were simple but exactly what we wanted, & maybe we could created out dunk. from were we take off, to 1 or 2 legs, so windmill or through the legs. something simple but we can control
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #162
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Motion Capture Next Week - What Dunks Do You Want in NBA 2K14?

Hope you consider this.... how about capturing more player specific gestures/behavior? It be great if you added more personality to specific players.

For example have Rodman tipping the ball to himself several times before snagging the rebound, Magic doing his style of passing including no look or fake going one way pass it the other way, Gary Payton backing down the point guard over the half court line as he sets up the offense, or having Mutumbo shake the finger after blocking a shot. It be nice even to add some intimidation from teams like the Bad Boys... at the very least you could have Bill Lambeer staring at players with a menacing look.

Having this stuff in motion capture would add a greater feel to the game to go with the graphics and look of NBA2K. Really hoping you guys consider this suggestion... I know you have a lot on your plate and hear alot from us fans... but this idea should be strongly considered and looked into

Last edited by mo2thewillyo; 06-09-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #163
Rookie

Po0hd1n1's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Motion Capture next week - what dunks do you want in 2K14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I think Gerald Green (and vintage Vince Carter) should have their windmill alley-oop represented in 2K:
this

if my dude caught a lob and windmill'd it i would have to set my controller down and walk away...it would just be too nasty
Old 06-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #164
MVP

OVR: 14

The Mozgov; Blake Griffin.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #165
Banned

I'd like to do more prior to the dunk so have some variety in what leg to jump off, do a sideways (Harden) move then dunk, holding the ball high when taking two steps to lift off of to dunk, have a special animation for guys with big hands (Greg Smith of the Rockets), jump off both legs.

For dunks itself: maybe more realistic **** back before dunking - holding it way back over their head and then slamming it home (Durant, Robert Pack style). The rest already mentioned I reckon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2thewillyo
Hope you consider this.... how about capturing more player specific gestures/behavior? It be great if you added more personality to specific players.

For example have Rodman tipping the ball to himself several times before snagging the rebound, Magic doing his style of passing including no look or fake going one way pass it the other way, Gary Payton backing down the point guard over the half court line as he sets up the offense, or having Mutumbo shake the finger after blocking a shot. It be nice even to add some intimidation from teams like the Bad Boys... at the very least you could have Bill Lambeer staring at players with a menacing look.

Having this stuff in motion capture would add a greater feel to the game to go with the graphics and look of NBA2K. Really hoping you guys consider this suggestion... I know you have a lot on your plate and hear alot from us fans... but this idea should be strongly considered and looked into
Yep. Big supporter of those little things. They don't have to be huge "look at me" features. But if we were using the '01 Sixers and Deke swatted a shot only to notice that he did his signature finger wave thereafter... that kind of stuff is awesome.

I was thinking about that the other day in regards to Jason Kidd. If a classic Nets team ever found its way onto 2K, his little jump he always did when throwing lobs, in sync with his teammate's leap would be a really cool small thing to see too. Examples on 7, 6, 2, and 1 in the clip below:

Of course, Kenyon would need a signature dunk finish at that point too. The rim hanging fist pumps in 2K13 fit wonderfully for Martin's style.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #167
Just started!

the alley oops should have more it gets boring doing the same ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opN090jJFds
you should go back and look at some of vince carters dunks in college and with the raptors
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #168
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by that2kdude
the alley oops should have more it gets boring doing the same ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opN090jJFds
you should go back and look at some of vince carters dunks in college and with the raptors
Why? There's no one in the league capable of doing even something remotely close to Carter in his prime. So why should 2k implement even more spectacular once a lifetime type dunks? So the 7'4 PGs in blacktop can throw it down even harder?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »