Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update (3-2-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
Shumpert definitely deserved his 80 rating after his rookie season but I agree that he should be lowered, expectations might have been too high after Adrian Peterson's comeback but that just makes AP's resurgence even more fascinating.

Shump tore his acl on the same day as Rose and kudos for him for coming back but he's been really struggling offensively even if his defense has been coming along this past couple games dude just doesn't look ready.

That being said, if Shump is decrease you have to increase Tyson/Melo's rating like homie said up there.
Sure, I think Melo deserves a 92 and Chandler deserves more like an 82 or 83 at least. But Smith shouldn't be higher than an 80, and I would put Shumpert and Kidd both in the 74-76 range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
Shumpert definitely deserved his 80 rating after his rookie season but I agree that he should be lowered, expectations might have been too high after Adrian Peterson's comeback but that just makes AP's resurgence even more fascinating.

Shump tore his acl on the same day as Rose and kudos for him for coming back but he's been really struggling offensively even if his defense has been coming along this past couple games dude just doesn't look ready.

That being said, if Shump is decrease you have to increase Tyson/Melo's rating like homie said up there.
Shumpert never deserved an 80 rating. He was always 72-75ish at best. His jumper is inconsistent and his offensive awareness is too high. Everything else is fine but they need to lower his offensive abilities by A LOT.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
I know he had a good summer league but seriously?
Motiejunas started in last two rockets games.Also he scored over 10 points in last 3 rockets game.If just he would get to play lets say 30min he would scre +20 for sure,also he can pass the ball pretty good.Sure he needs to work more on defence and rebounding.But Dirk or Andrea also not rebaunding alot because they play near 3pt line.In the future you will see that d-mo will be similar to Dirk.And he deserves a boost he should be 70 minimum
Old 03-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooper1030
Sure, I think Melo deserves a 92 and Chandler deserves more like an 82 or 83 at least. But Smith shouldn't be higher than an 80, and I would put Shumpert and Kidd both in the 74-76 range.
I think Shump's rating should drop to around 78. I didn't hear people complaining about Ricky Rubio's rating when he was having trouble slotting back into the roster after his rehab. The statistics that you quoted are also badly flawed IMO since he's averaging less than 20 mins a game, basically 5 minutes a quarter and he's playing outside his natural postion. Why not drop Danny Granger's OVR as well? Another player struggling to fit into the rotation after injury. What do you propose Rose's rating should be if he were to play again this season. Because in limited minutes (even being the former MVP he is) his production would also show a serious statistical drop. Bynum also. As far as the Suns trade goes, we're seemingly both glad that the deal for Dudley wasn't done, but the Suns weren't the ones who said no.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billll
I think Shump's rating should drop to around 78. I didn't hear people complaining about Ricky Rubio's rating when he was having trouble slotting back into the roster after his rehab. The statistics that you quoted are also badly flawed IMO since he's averaging less than 20 mins a game, basically 5 minutes a quarter and he's playing outside his natural postion. Why not drop Danny Granger's OVR as well? Another player struggling to fit into the rotation after injury. What do you propose Rose's rating should be if he were to play again this season. Because in limited minutes (even being the former MVP he is) his production would also show a serious statistical drop. Bynum also. As far as the Suns trade goes, we're seemingly both glad that the deal for Dudley wasn't done, but the Suns weren't the ones who said no.
Granger has been back for four games, you can't judge a player based on one good or bad week. Shumpert however, has been back for 18 games, and when a player goes on a cold streak for more than a month, it's usually time to consider updating their rating.

Also, you said the stats I put down were flawed because he plays under 20 minutes a game? I said he averaged 8.5 points PER 36 MINUTES, so a minutes cap doesn't matter. Also, PER and field-goal percentage doesn't relate to minutes, so I'm not sure why you said any of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #46
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13)

Shumpert had more serious of an injury than Granger. Z-Bo wasn't himself the whole year last season b/c of an injury so time will tell.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #47
Rookie

@scooper--I'm a fellow Suns fan and I'm stunned that 2k replaces all the other coaches (D'antoni in particular) within ONE update, but can't put Lindsay Hunter in after 6-7 updates? If the name on the jersey is LAKERS, it gets priority, if the name on the jersey is SUNS, it doesn't mean crap. Gimme a break!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-2-13)

Well the Suns aren't in the playoff hunt so it actually isn't a priority. As longg as they get it done at some point its all good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »