Home

Leftos Headed to 2K Sports to Join NBA 2K Team

This is a discussion on Leftos Headed to 2K Sports to Join NBA 2K Team within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #41
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Leftos Headed to 2K Sports to Join NBA 2K Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'll do my best to improve NBA 2K in every way I can. Can't make any promises on what will be improved specifically, but what I can promise is that I'll be working on the game with the same energy and passion that I worked on all the modding tools. Check out my GitHub to see what I'm talking about. (https://github.com/leftos/) Late in February, I had been working 14 straight days on tools like NBA Stats Tracker, NBA 2K13 Roster Editor, Hex on Steroids, NBA 2K Speech Recognition, etc. Imagine that passion applied to the game itself, instead of things that improved the game from the outside.

Look at LD2k, running from responsibility already. You ain't getting any beer from me then, mister!
Thanks for the clarity man...best of luck!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #42
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
congrats! happy for the guy.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
Rookie

Ward13's Arena

OVR: 12
It's over! with Leftos working directly on the code of the game how could 2k go wrong??? lol Great move on their part and congrats to you Leftos... Stay on their a**es my man don't let them sell us another sh*tty game ever again... you have the power now! lol

Last edited by Ward13; 04-21-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #44
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

C.E.I.D. represent brother!!! I feel a little jealous but proud.Congrats and i wish for a quick adaptation to the new lifestyle.Now i know 2k14 is gonna be a delight.

P.S. Bust their *** to not abandon the PC platform.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Maybe Ill catch some flack for this but is anyone not seeing the bad side to this. leftos makes tools for the community so that the community can then edit themselves...

Most of Leftos work has been in tool making etc without those tools now for 2K14 the community is left to HOPE that the game doesn't need a tool anymore?

Seems kinda strange that 2k now pursued a key element a vital part of the modding community to be on their team after last years community rosters being HEAVILY monitored on 2Kshare for modwork...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Maybe Ill catch some flack for this but is anyone not seeing the bad side to this. leftos makes tools for the community so that the community can then edit themselves...

Most of Leftos work has been in tool making etc without those tools now for 2K14 the community is left to HOPE that the game doesn't need a tool anymore?

Seems kinda strange that 2k now pursued a key element a vital part of the modding community to be on their team after last years community rosters being HEAVILY monitored on 2Kshare for modwork...
We've been asking too long now for 2k to hire modders and roster-makers from the community.E.g. if you get hired by 2k you wouldn't release sliders and rosters but we would have a solid experienced roster -maker to influence default rosters ,so default roster would be better -more accurate.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #47
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Congrats Leftos.

I know you will not forget your roots - just remember that the majority of the 2k gamers will now see you as one of the devs and some will be quick to blame.

May everything continue to work out great for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #48
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

Sup my dude!well I see it from a different perspective: with him in maybe he can explain them how stupid it is to add those limitations (those which doensn't interfere with license rights) and how important it is for the community being able to edit some things they don't allow now...

I guess we'll have to wait til october to find it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »