Home

Adjustable In-Game Rotations

This is a discussion on Adjustable In-Game Rotations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 32
Adjustable In-Game Rotations

For those of you who like to leave the substitutions on auto, like me, I would like to see 2K incorporate something like this into the game.

I'm just going to say that I like leave all subbing to the CPU so don't just say "put him in yourself then."

If a player that plays limited minutes is having a really good game, there should be a way to play him more. It will never happen with the default rotations because the CPU sticks to the assigned minutes from before the game. I'm going to use the Nets in this example.

Before the game, your rotation looks like this:
D. Williams: 36
J. Johnson: 38
G. Wallace: 32
R. Evans: 24
B. Lopez: 35
A. Blatche: 24
C. Watson: 21
M. Brooks: 17
K. Humphries: 13

After the first quarter the minutes played looks like this: Williams 10, Johnson 12, Wallace 8, Evans 7, Lopez 12, Watson 6, Blatche 5. You notice that Watson is having a good game and Wallace is not. This is my suggestion:

You get the same rotation menu that you would before the game, except this time it factors in minutes already played. There would be 180 minutes remaining in this example. If you wanted to play Watson more, even though he's only scheduled to play 15 more minutes, you should be able to change the rotation mid-game during time-outs and halftime. Subtract minutes played from the pre-game assigned minutes and then you get the option to change it. The minutes cap would be 180 instead of 240. It could be changed to this if you want Watson to play more over Wallace: (minutes remaining ---> change)

D. Williams: 26
C. Watson: 15 ---> 25
J. Johnson: 26
R. Evans: 17
B. Lopez: 23
A. Blatche: 19
G. Wallace: 24 ---> 14
M. Brooks: 17
K. Humphries: 13

And with this you can designate who you want to finish the game instead of relying on the starters. For the Clippers, Crawford could finish over Billups, for example, but will never do so if Billups is the starter. I hope this makes sense, and I would absolutely love to see something like this in the game.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Adjustable In-Game Rotations

something similar but preferred for me would be 2 minute rotations adjustable each quarter.
the minutes on the left would be the point a new player enters the game

q1 pg sg sf pf c

12 dwill jj wallace evans lopez
10 dwill etc
8 dwill
6 dwill
4 dwill
2 x

q2

where player 'x' comes in and relieves dwill with 2 minutes to go in the first quarter as the pg.

so dwill plays 10 minutes in q1, and backup "x" plays 2 minutes. you could set this each gam for each position for all 4 qtrs, but be able to review and change the minutes each qtr and timeout

id like to see cpu ai be able to and actually do the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »