Home

NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #585
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5

I really hope the "Turbo" camera view is back for crew/team up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #586
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Ok guys, It's time for us to speculate,

Here is some new information on crews:

• As Visual Concepts previously revealed, Crews are coming back in a big way for the current-generation version of NBA 2K14. Using your My Player, you can compete in five-on-five pick-up games with nine other humans online.
  • Crews features season and playoff modes with full leaderboards and stat tracking. You earn VC for participating in these online match-ups just like you do with offline games.

Ok, so in the first bullet point we can read that "Using your My Player, you can compete in five-on-five pick-up games with nine other humans online." Hmm... we have previously heard that crews would be 3 on 3 AND/OR 5v5. This article only mentions 5v5 which is interesting. Could it be possible that 2k responded to the backlash and stripped crews of 3v3 in place of 5v5 exclusively? I certainly hope so, but I'm not gonna jump to that conclusion yet.

Moving on, the second bullet point we read that "Crews features season and playoff modes with full leaderboards and stat tracking. You earn VC for participating in these online match-ups just like you do with offline games."

This is the most interesting part to me. If i had to take a shot in the dark and guess what season, and playoff modes meant to crews I'm gonna say that season mode might be an association like season against the CPU where you and your fellow crew members team up and use your myplayers against the cpu. Then I would guess that playoff mode would be structured similar to myteam's road to the playoffs setup. Where there are seeds possibly 8-1 where you and your crew team up to play other crews, and you win to advance up the ladder towards the top seeds, and competition gets harder as you progress.

Let's hear some thoughts.

what scares me is that it says says crews you can play up to 9 different users in a "Pick up game"

I hate pick up games. there's no real basketball being played. You wont be able to post cause they probably won't call fouls. your fatigue will be off so it will look like 10 chickens with their heads cut off. i'm just so frustrated and disappointed by this.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #587
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
what scares me is that it says says crews you can play up to 9 different users in a "Pick up game"

I hate pick up games. there's no real basketball being played. You wont be able to post cause they probably won't call fouls. your fatigue will be off so it will look like 10 chickens with their heads cut off. i'm just so frustrated and disappointed by this.
They did say it will be NBA rules, so there will be fouls. They also said it will be fatigue during these games, I believe. Must not be much though, if it's Blacktop and we cannot substitute players because if it's 4 quarters, players will be tired.

The only thing I am disappointed about is it's looking like it's definitely going to on the Blacktop. They said something in that Lakers vs Knicks game and it sounded like it would be on the Blacktop. And from that article, it said, "You can compete in five-on-five pick-up games." That seems like Blacktop to me. Only big disappointment from me.

Can't wait to see what the Season and Playoff Mode is about though. Crew has a lot of potential.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #588
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
That's most likely the case. I'm really wondering how the 3v3 and 5v5 for crews is going to work. I wonder if say you and 2 crew members log on to play a game if it automatically makes you play 3v3, or if you can choose to go 5v5 with 2 computers on your team.
most likely two different lobbies, 3v3 and 5v5, wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
They did say it will be NBA rules, so there will be fouls. They also said it will be fatigue during these games, I believe. Must not be much though, if it's Blacktop and we cannot substitute players because if it's 4 quarters, players will be tired.

The only thing I am disappointed about is it's looking like it's definitely going to on the Blacktop. They said something in that Lakers vs Knicks game and it sounded like it would be on the Blacktop. And from that article, it said, "You can compete in five-on-five pick-up games." That seems like Blacktop to me. Only big disappointment from me. Can't wait to see what the Season and Playoff Mode is about though. Crew has a lot of potential.
Watching the Livestream it seems they were dropping hints that it'll most likely be just like myteam only with myplayers, an nba game only outside.

Been watching your vids for a couple years btw, hate the camera angle you use though.

Last edited by EASTS2k; 09-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #589
Rookie

Quote:

The only thing I am disappointed about is it's looking like it's definitely going to on the Blacktop. They said something in that Lakers vs Knicks game and it sounded like it would be on the Blacktop. And from that article, it said, "You can compete in five-on-five pick-up games." That seems like Blacktop to me. Only big disappointment from me.

Can't wait to see what the Season and Playoff Mode is about though. Crew has a lot of potential.

Thats why we need nba teams. if there is really no consequence for spamming turbo crew games will be madness
Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #590
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTS2k
Watching the Livestream it seems they were dropping hints that it'll most likely be just like myteam only with myplayers, an nba game only outside.

Been watching your vids for a couple years btw, hate the camera angle you use though.
Thanks. Yeah, people tell me that, a lot lol. I've tried switching to other cameras if you seen those vids, but I just can't get used to them. I didn't think people would mind me playing on broadcast because its like y'all watching a regular NBA game right? Now, I would see how it would be annoying if y'all had to play lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Thats why we need nba teams. if there is really no consequence for spamming turbo crew games will be madness
Exactly. Just give us the same generic arena or whatever and let us still have our playbooks and select the NBA team we want to use. Would be perfect.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #591
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, people tell me that, a lot lol. I've tried switching to other cameras if you seen those vids, but I just can't get used to them. I didn't think people would mind me playing on broadcast because its like y'all watching a regular NBA game right? Now, I would see how it would be annoying if y'all had to play lol.

Exactly. Just give us the same generic arena or whatever and let us still have our playbooks and select the NBA team we want to use. Would be perfect.
Yep this?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #592
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yep this?

What is that, a NBA 2K10 mod? But, yeah, any arena would be fine. I would settle for the same arena that was in 2K11, it was just basic. Even though 2K10 had the created teams logo and colors on the arena floor. I just don't really want to be on a blacktop because it'll take alot away from me.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »