Home

NBA 2K14 - Rob Jones Briefly Explains The Pro Stick: Dribbling and Shooting

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 - Rob Jones Briefly Explains The Pro Stick: Dribbling and Shooting within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #25
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K14 - Rob Jones Briefly Explains The Pro Stick: Dribbling and Shooting

Not sure about this. Getting a little fed up of 2k changing their control scheme every year instead of expanding on existing set-ups. That said, I wasn't happy about the initial change of dribbling mechanics that 2k13 brought, but I warmed to it in the end, I'm sure this will be no different.

Looking forward to playing the demo when it arrives to see just how different the controls actually are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
the only thing I'm worried about is well Their be a shot delay since you have to hold it
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

It's going to be a pain trying to adjust to another control scheme again this year.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #28
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
please tell me i can still pass with x and shoot with square

I HATE STICKS. I love dribbling moves with the sticks but I do NOT like the sound of passing or shooting with them. I've always hated the shot stick.

Last edited by Gramps91; 08-19-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #29
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboyRavage
I can see this being a great change if the dribble moves are 100% responsive.
Yes! My biggest problem with 2k, that I didnt completely realize until I started playing nhl, is how sluggish and unresponsive it can feel at times. In 2k the stick, while dribbling, initiates animations which need to play through before you make your next move. In nhl the stickon the controller, correspondes with the players stick and puck movement so the puck goes where the [controller's] stick goes. If 2k can get the dribbling, control, and animations on a whole to be responsive, similar to nhl, then that would be a huge upgrade.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #30
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Its funny how 2k can take something simple as drbbling the ball and make it seem like rocket science. I had enough trouble with dribbling in 2k13 playing on broadcast cam instead of the 2k cam most guys play on made the whole dribbling experience suck to say the least. But ill see what i can do this year with this new control hopefully with all of this everything is more responsive.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not sure what to think of this but it really seems 2ks strategy of doing things is beat ea sports to the punch. This like many other 2k features is a twist on ea sports ideas on controls. And idk if it will ever be a bad thing they started doing it in 2k11 and every game since has been better and better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #32
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Its funny how 2k can take something simple as drbbling the ball and make it seem like rocket science. I had enough trouble with dribbling in 2k13 playing on broadcast cam instead of the 2k cam most guys play on made the whole dribbling experience suck to say the least. But ill see what i can do this year with this new control hopefully with all of this everything is more responsive.
Can't wait to read your version of the nba 2K control scheme.

And I suggest you should use absolute right stick dribbling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »