Home

NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #225
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K14 Gameplay Videos - Euroleague

appearance and graphics mean little to me. it does not affect my enjoyment of the game. i really just care how the game plays. good graphics are just a bonus. Even if 2k did get rid of some other things in order to improve the graphics, i don't think the difference would be that much.

Like Czar said, they've gone about as far as they can go in this generation with graphics and the number of animations they can include. That's all there is to it. People expect too much without understanding what is possible and what's going on under the hood.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-22-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
appearance and graphics mean little to me. it does not affect my enjoyment of the game. i really just care how the game plays. good graphics are just a bonus for me. Even if 2k did get rid of some other things in order to improve the graphics, i don't think the difference would be that much.

Like Czar said, they've gone about as far as they can go in this generation with graphics and the number of animations they can include. That's all there is to it. People expect too much without understanding what's going on under the hood and what is possible.
People ask for the price they will paid. You can't improve anymore for current-gen? Then, lower the price for current-gen!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #227
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
People ask for the price they will paid. You can't improve anymore for current-gen? Then, lower the price for current-gen!
Way easier said than done. It's nowhere near that simple.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #228
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Graphics don't exist in a vacuum so if 14 has more animations or other things going on that in turn could effect the quality of the graphics being that they have reached max capacity for horsepower and memory for this generation of consoles.

We don't know what the tradeoff's are but at this point there have to be some when your maxing out of resources. All the teams and players and uni's and animations etc eat up memory. You can't just keep adding things to a system that is near capacity you have to start balancing.

So I can't speak for everyone else but that is what I mean when referring to graphics tapped this gen. Sure they could get you a little more here or there but probably at the expense of something else.

At the end of a generation there are more important things to me than graphics because in NOV that part is taken care of.
Graphics CAN still be better by making aesthetic changes that consume the same hardware resources, but truth is, 2K's development resources are likely themselves tapped out with the split effort between current and next gen, and I don't have a problem with them shifting efforts to next gen.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #229
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
So, if the disc is full, why insert 14 Euroleague teams instead of a better graphic?! Why insert those Jay-Z videos in 2K13 instead of a better graphic?
I'm disappointed about this thing. The disc is full? Ok, get a better graphic, better sounds crowds and better animation for current-gen and put the 14 Euroleague teams in the next-gen consolle that will certainly have a huge graphic!
We're not talking about a product that is offered to us for free. We pay 60 euros for a new version of the game, and we claim a new version of the game, not another 2K13 version
Its not Disk memory im talking about. I think it's clear to you after a whopping 4 min of demo gameplay that you rather stick to 2k13 with your patches. That is a perfectly fine stance.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #230
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
The videos where compressed compared to high quality sounds that 2k uses. So theres your answer....

Here's something else to think about....one of the weakest things about 2k is the crowd noise and you expect them to get that kind of quality crowd noise for a Euro team? It's not going to happen this year or even next....unfortunately.

NBA Live 10 IMO still has the best crowd noise and I have been asking for something of that quality for 2k since then. There are just too many quiet moments when a big play happens on 2k. I don't know if its a bug but the crowd stops reacting at a big play has been happening since 2k11! I've pointed this out (and many others as well) and put it on the bugs thread....maybe I should put it on the wishlist thread instead then maybe it will finally be fixed.

EDIT: I'm listening to Live 10 on youtube while typing this...still the best sounding crowd noise. The best part about that game as well was that you can CHOOSE the type of crowd noise to play in during an exhibition game. If you wanted a playoff crowd you have that option to play in....

My sentiments word for word Goffs. Maybe someone needs to go into a game and record the crowd from the inside but it would help 2k out immensely to get a bunch of new sounds for this game.

The Crowd - Plays so much importance on the atmosphere at a game, and its almost like its only 2 tones in this game, the quiet cheer and the one when you're on a run but then a bug cuts that off, and it doesn't seem as though its ambienced if you know what I mean. Doesn't really sound stadium like reverbed. The rest you spoke of for me up there lol.

- The rim sounds need a change. It sounds like a Ps2 sound that was carried over, even when guys dunk, the rim doesn't sound like that, it just doesn't.

I dont want to write a book but honestly, I dont think the audio has been on par with the rest of the improvements so to speak...thats just my opinion though.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #231
Ion6 Studios

OVR: 5

Maybe I'm little OT but looks at PES 2014 with the new FOX Engine...

Looks impressive...both gameplay and graphics..
Konami is "anal" in terms of recreating players likeness...
PES 2014 (PC)
GTA V (Ps3)

Looking For:
PS4

Last edited by mauro78; 08-22-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just realised, no more equalizer thingie whenever a team scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »